• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

I admire his more unusual quirks. Started drinking whisky early in the morning, wrote standing up and spent much of the day naked when at home. (Had a helluva time keeping good help)

I admire his more unusual quirks. Started drinking whisky early in the morning, wrote standing up and spent much of the day naked when at home. (Had a helluva time keeping good help)

Many are watching a lot more movies now, and if you are an admirer of Churchill, or would like to become one, I recommend the movie, "Darkest Hour." Done in 2017, Gary Oldman is just amazing as Winston Churchill. The movie tells of how Churchill became Prime Minister, and then how he steered Great Briton (and the Commonwealth) away from an appeasement treaty with Hitler. But for that one act the entire history of the world would have changed, and I feel not for the better.

Guess that all depends on how he looked naked!

I admire his more unusual quirks. Started drinking whisky early in the morning, wrote standing up and spent much of the day naked when at home.

That's unusual? :D

So...what are the chances of us getting back on topic? (Not that I'm not enjoying this thread!)

Many are watching a lot more movies now, and if you are an admirer of Churchill, or would like to become one, I recommend the movie, "Darkest Hour." Done in 2017, Gary Oldman is just amazing as Winston Churchill. The movie tells of how Churchill became Prime Minister, and then how he steered Great Briton (and the Commonwealth) away from an appeasement treaty with Hitler. But for that one act the entire history of the world would have changed, and I feel not for the better.

Having watched it on Saturday night (netflix CD) I spent sometime reading reviews and historian comments this morning. According to some historians, the failed Norway campaign (earlier that year) was the straw that broke the camels back for Chamberlain's support in Parliament. Apparently, the Brits completely ignored German airpower when planning the mission and were sitting ducks when they attempted to execute. It was interesting reading

Back to speculation for June 1st and beyond...

On another note...We all know that the rally "runs" on the many hard-working {yes,even me} volunteers, & committee chairs that put in countless hours Without naming names, I know of one KEY chair that cannot come in from Canada because his international travel insurance has been cxl'ed. I would bet even money that chairs {and vendors} will probably be contacted to see what their plans are. It might be crucial to having a "viable" rally. Just one more part of the calculus.
And Paul {FARGO} Glaves is right to echo my concern about facilities from my home in Ct. to Montana.

MADDOG BG Chair. {but not this year} :drink "The beer must flow."

... In my wildest imagination, I cannot fathom the CN/US Border with rigid travel restrictions come June 1st or even the 15th.

Problem is, the MOA's decision for "viability" at Great Falls will likely occur within the next four weeks, which could be at, or just after, the May Board Meeting.

... In my wildest imagination, I cannot fathom the CN/US Border with rigid travel restrictions come June 1st or even the 15th.

Problem is, the MOA's decision for "viability" at Great Falls will likely occur within the next four weeks, which could be at, or just after, the May Board Meeting.

The May MOA BoD meeting was actually scheduled for early April, but was cancelled due to corona-virus restrictions. I've not heard if there has been any alternative date selected, but I would expect that to be influenced by the decision on holding the rally.

I for one can definitely see the border still being closed until at least the end of June. Canada will make the decision based upon data and science. Currently bilateral trade travel still exists and beyond that there is no need for more.

I for one can definitely see the border still being closed until at least the end of June. Canada will make the decision based upon data and science. Currently bilateral trade travel still exists and beyond that there is no need for more.
Agree. And to the extent that there is any relaxation it would likely be on condition of a quarantine period. No one wants a second wave of COVID 19.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Since all public gatherings in Toronto, Canada's largest city, are banned, at this time, to the end of June, I can well imagine that the Canada/US will not open to cross border tourist traffic until at least July 1st (if even then). :dunno

Time will tell how long we can isolate to avoid a 2nd and 3rd wave. And of course there needs to be a plan. Actually there needs to be many plans because the President is not a king, or a dictator. The same people that shut down their jurisdictions - ie Governors and local elected officials, will be the ones to rescind their lawful orders. Wishful thinking will not change that.

Our rally in June will depend on Montana and Great Falls, and the other states and localities our members need to ride through to get there. It will also depend on the willingness of members to take whatever health risks there will still be, to go to the rally. And nothing the President or his business advisors say will alter those facts. We have not seen a pandemic like this since 102 years ago. The 2021 wisdom will not be the same as the 2019 wisdom whether we like it or not.

I am sure you heard that Trump is stating HE has the power to open things back up and how and when that will occur. There are a lot of folks who believe differently. That debate will be interesting. But to that end I just heard NY Governor Cuomo discuss the potential of opening up his state.

The economy, jobs, and potential recession/depression are very strong factors.

I am sure you heard that Trump is stating HE has the power to open things back up and how and when that will occur. There are a lot of folks who believe differently.

I am forbidden by Forum policy from responding to what this post says is claimed.

I am forbidden by Forum policy from responding to what this post says is claimed.

Oops ... sorry if I violated a policy. If I did then happy to have my post deleted.

Was just commenting (responding to your post) on the potential of the Rally taking place or not based on the country opening up.

Apologizes if I over stepped.

I am sure you heard that Trump is stating HE has the power to open things back up and how and when that will occur. There are a lot of folks who believe differently. That debate will be interesting. But to that end I just heard NY Governor Cuomo discuss the potential of opening up his state.

Trumps grasp of the Constitution is always a source of comedy. NY, NJ, CT, RI, PA and DE Governors are setting up coordinating committees to plan the re-opening of the region. They're the elected officials responsible for the public safety, schools, services and hospitals in those states.

Trumps grasp of the Constitution is always a source of comedy. NY, NJ, CT, RI, PA and DE Governors are setting up coordinating committees to plan the re-opening of the region. They're the elected officials responsible for the public safety, schools, services and hospitals in those states.

Don't really have a strong opinion on who can make the call but the fact the call of re-opening in some manner is being discussed is positive sign the Rally may happen. Small sign for sure but nonetheless a positive.

I wondered when politics would come into the conversation. Wonder no more.

Here’s a thought. Wait until the official word comes down.

Moderater should close this post.

When the Governor of Montana and the Governors of every state I need to travel through between Texas and Montana remove all travel restrictions I will be able to contemplate attending the 2020 Rally. Until then things are in a bit of a flux. As of now, Texas State Troopers are still stopping cars entering from Louisiana and directing the occupants that they need to self-quarantine for 14 days. They are then asking for the destination address so they can theoretically check to make sure that the self quarantine is happening.

I have three different plans for how to reach Great Falls from Vermont. In the end regional approaches to limiting the spread of the virus will likely determine which path we take. I hope the most scenic option is open when departure day arrives

Back