• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Weather for Rally

robsryder

Motorcycleton
It has been really nice this week in the Midwest before the upcoming 2014 MOA Rally in St. Paul.

Temperatures have mostly been in the 70s thanks to a Japanese tycoon (uh typhoon :).

Late next week I predict temps in St. Paul of 104 and high humidity - or maybe not :)
The weather channel seems to be calling for temps in the low 80s with some rain (of course).

Oh well, at least the glaciers will have receded along the north shore of Lake Superior for my
longish way round to the rally.

Y'all have a safe trip to the rally - see ya' there!

It has been really nice this week in the Midwest before the upcoming 2014 MOA Rally in St. Paul.

Temperatures have mostly been in the 70s thanks to a Japanese tycoon (uh typhoon :).

Late next week I predict temps in St. Paul of 104 and high humidity - or maybe not :)
The weather channel seems to be calling for temps in the low 80s with some rain (of course).

Y'all have a safe trip to the rally - see ya' there!

HA!! Good thing you're not our weatherman :dance wunderground's forecast is daytime in the low 80's nightime lows in the mid 60's:thumb:thumb

Have a wonderful ride, and see you soon!!!

It does look as though the weather will very nice in St. Paul. For riding, this is sort of "tweener" conditions for me. That is, do I wear the one-piece 'Stich with vents open or closed as needed; or do I wear mesh pants / jacket with rain suit (I like Frogg Toggs) over for rain and/or cool(ish) temps? Right now, I'm leaning towards the 'Stich for my early departure tomorrow (Monday) morning. [Plus, I might stop by Duluth and see RiderWarehouse for fitting on a new 'Stich.] I see that the new 'Stichs are waterproof - one has to spill a bit of water onto the crotch to get that "real" 'Stich rider look. :brow

Back