• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rider's to Rally via Blue Ridge Parkway

CaptRehkopf

If anyone would like to ride together let me know.
16JUL Saturday night Mount Pisgah Campground N35 24.167 W82 45.400
17JUL Sunday night Rocky Knob Campground N36 48.728 W80 20.973
18JUL Monday night Big Meadows Campground N38 31.067 W78 25.984
19JUL Tuesday Rally site.

Please email offline with a subject line.

Ride Safe,
Robert

CaptRehkopf,
I will be following your BRP route a day after you pass through. My intention is to arrive late Tuesday or on Wednesday before noon at the Rally. Have a safe trip.

My wife and I will be hitting the BRP Saturday morning but will be at the north end by noon Sunday. We're going to visit her family in Palmerton PA for three days before the rally.

I'll wave :rocker if we pass.
I'll be in PA Sat, DC Sunday, heading toward NE TN Monday, just riding Tuesday...back to PA Wed.

My wife and I will be hitting the BRP Saturday morning but will be at the north end by noon Sunday. We're going to visit her family in Palmerton PA for three days before the rally.

Mac,
Saturday I start out in Athens TN, ride the Cherohala west to east, Deals Gap east to west, Foothills Parkway south to north, then through the Park and camp at Mount Pisgah Campground Saturday night.
Ride Safe,
Robert

Mac,
Saturday I start out in Athens TN, ride the Cherohala west to east, Deals Gap east to west, Foothills Parkway south to north, then through the Park and camp at Mount Pisgah Campground Saturday night.
Ride Safe,
Robert

It sounds like you have a nice route planned. We're starting in Atlanta about 5:00 Saturday morning. I would like to spend more time on the parkway but can't this trip.

I've never stayed at Mount Pisgah Campground, we always go to Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground on Hwy 276 between the parkway and Waynesville NC. In fact, we spent Saturday night there just three weeks ago.

On our way home from the rally we'll spend Sunday night at Willville Motorcycle Campground which is just off the parkway in southern VA.

Gail,

Look for some YBs in TN on Monday. We will be in Maggie Valley, NC Sunday night. Going through the Great Smokey Mtn park, Cumberland gap, and onto Grundy, VA on Monday night.

I'll wave :rocker if we pass.
I'll be in PA Sat, DC Sunday, heading toward NE TN Monday, just riding Tuesday...back to PA Wed.

If anyone would like to ride together let me know.
........snip........
17JUL Sunday night Rocky Knob Campground N36 48.728 W80 20.973
...........................snip...........
Please email offline with a subject line.

Ride Safe,
Robert

This night at Rocky Knob, you might consider as an option, Willville Motorcycle Camp at Meadows of Dan, just a few miles before you'd get to Rocky Knob. Very nice campground, might be a few dollars more than Rocky Knob, but the company will be more moto-friendly :dance
Willville is on US 58 just 3/4 mile west of the Parkway ramp.

This night at Rocky Knob, you might consider as an option, Willville Motorcycle Camp at Meadows of Dan, just a few miles before you'd get to Rocky Knob. Very nice campground, might be a few dollars more than Rocky Knob, but the company will be more moto-friendly :dance
Willville is on US 58 just 3/4 mile west of the Parkway ramp.

Thanks for the advice, but us old guys get a 50% discount at the National Parks Service Campgrounds. I purposely plan my trips around visiting and staying at the National Park Facilities.
Attached is a gpx GPS file of their facilities for your use. Organized by Dave Hansen and provided by Tim Smith of the NPS. They are Categorized b type of facility ENJOY!
Ride Safe,
Robert

Thanks for the advice, but us old guys get a 50% discount at the National Parks Service Campgrounds. I purposely plan my trips around visiting and staying at the National Park Facilities.
Attached is a gpx GPS file of their facilities for your use. Organized by Dave Hansen and provided by Tim Smith of the NPS. They are Categorized b type of facility ENJOY!
Ride Safe,
Robert

I too like the NP CG's but in this instance I would prefer Willville, and I have stayed in the CGs you named many times.

Why? Showers, you camp on grass instead of gravel, etc and you camp on a babbling brook. It is $15 but you're helping out a small business man.

I too like the NP CG's but in this instance I would prefer Willville, and I have stayed in the CGs you named many times.

Why? Showers, you camp on grass instead of gravel, etc and you camp on a babbling brook. It is $15 but you're helping out a small business man.

I cancelled my reservation in Hillsville, so my wife and I will stay at Willville on the way to the rally and back. Like you say, I'd rather give my $$ to Will than Super 8.

Wi;;sville camping

My friend and I stayed there this past friday night. First for me but not for him. Excellent experience and Will is a gracious host. Had the fire stoaked just in time for a visitor with a guitar to belt out some classics, but i'm not sure how the conversation ended up on the subjects of time continuim and quantum physics???:dunno

Back