• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R1200GS LC Clutch Microswitch won't allow restart in gear after stall at a light.

Wish I could figure out why my "deep" clutch switch is not reliable on my R1200GS LC '13. Won't start in gear when I stall it and won't change (ROAD/Enduro Pro) "modes" while moving except after I fiddle with the double switch some way or another. Microswitches are such simple devices.

I've tried bending the microswitch lever, Nope, won't help.
I just tried a layer of 3M electric tape under the microswitch lever above the plunger to need less clutch lever travel? Big hands so I set OEM lever on 3 with grip puppies. Not the only problem.
Just tried DeOx on the 3 pin connector and 3 pin plug?
Just tried DeOx spray onto the plunger but it might be "water tight."?
I've mail ordered another OEM double microswitch?
I wonder if the housing has molded in posts that are supposed to "register" the switch exactly? Are they worn?
It works fine now, again, but for how long?

These efforts only require a T-30 driver to rotate the clutch lever up 30 degrees or so
AND
A 2mm hex driver (same as inner spoke lock screw) to take out the attachment screw.

The test is: up on the center stand in first gear: key on: press and hold in red starter button with clutch lever out, as you pull in the clutch it "shoulld" start. Don't have your right shoe wedged between the rear tire and the floor as you get it to start.
You can do a "pre" test with microswitch hanging on wire, just hold red starter switch, then push microswitch top(?) lever and it should start in gear.

It's rainy day. Sorry the pic is sideways.

Attachments

• IMG_6569.jpg
    IMG_6569.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 71
When you squeeze the clutch, you should hear a click as soon as it starts to move (that's the cruise control cancel) and then another when you get closer to the bar (for the starter interlock). Do you hear these two distinct clicks reliably?

Back