• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member from LA ( Lower Alabama)

mnik

New member and new to BMW. Recently purchased a R1200RT. My other bike is a Yamaha Royal Star which I’ve been on for the past 12 years. Past bikes have included Honda ST1100, Triumph Speed Triple, Buell S3T, Goldwing, Z-1, Honda 350-4, Yamaha XS500, Suzuki X-6, Honda CL350, XL250, Yamaha HT-1, Dt-1 ( yeah I’ve been around a day or two). I’ve completed Saddlesore 1000, Bunburner 1500 and a Bunburner Gold. Look forward to the forum and help in learning About the RT.

Wait, where do you live? Did I recruit you? Either way, welcome to the club and the forums, let’s link up sometime soon and ride.

Edit: I see it now, Spanish Fort, you’re like in real lower Alabama… offer still stands let me know; join the Pensacola club if you haven’t already.

Willkommen Señor mnik, to the BMW family!

Glad to hear that you’ve found a respectable RT (that’s hardly even broken-in) which suits your current riding needs!

If you’re otherwise not busy, the AlaBeemers are gathering next weekend at the Lakeshore Marina & Lodge. We get together on a rather random schedule, but I’m always open to suggestions. :brow

We, Team-HSV, usually lead a 2nd Saturday ride; mostly focused toward the central and northern reaches of Alabama. Since next weekend is the 2nd Saturday, folks are encouraged to Ride their own Ride over to the club meeting: Addr:= 364 Lakeshore Lane, on the Sipsey River, near Double springs, AL... [ N34° 08.692' W87° 18.340’ ]
https://lakeshoreinnandmarina.com/accommodations/

Recent 2d Sat Rides have included:
June: Celtic Cup Coffee House in Tullahoma, TN;
July: Chef Troy's “Talk of the Town” in Houston, AL {very near our Double Springs destination};
Aug: Bright Star Restaurant, in Bessemer, AL (quite well attended & enjoyed);
Sept: Crossroads Rib Shack, in Corinth, MS (and the Honda M/C dealership & Museum).

Enjoy your newest BMW safely; Ranger Reece is someone with a whole lotta local knowledge and a New RT. :eat

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 F650GS-twin - '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa Granturismo
:beer

mailto: president@bmwmoal.org

Welcome from SC. Rode through Spanish Fort just last week from Cape San Blas FL to Pascagoula had lunch and went back. Enjoy your bike. My 4th bike was a '73 350-4 one of many I wish I'd kept.

Welcome mnik! Excellent choice in bikes. I have an 09 RT that has very similar mileage. As others have requested, I hope you will post some pics.

Back