• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New guy, 2014 R1200RT wet head and lovin' it

kunkies

Hello and thank you for having me. :wave

My name is Bob, and I've been riding motorcycles since 1981...

1981 Yamaha DT175
1983 Honda Nighthawk CB650
1984 Honda Nighthawk 700S
1996 Honda Helix CN250
2000 Honda Shadow Ace Tourer VT1100T
2000 Valkyrie GL1500CT (#1)
2000 Valkyrie GL1500CT (#2)
2014 BMW R1200RT

I'm the 2nd owner of the RT. Purchased from an Air Force pilot in San Antonio, TX and rode her home to Charlotte, NC week before Christmas. What a sublime ride. Last leg in rain mode from Atlanta to Charlotte in a downpour convinced me this engineering marvel was a work of art.

Farkles in progress, gotta maker her my own: Ilium Works rider floorboards (happy wife, happy life), Ilium Works Bar Backs (i'm only 5' 10"), updated horn, side stand enlarger,

Future Farkles, under consideration: Aux light (would love to hear recommendations), Highway pegs (do I really need to buy/install engine protection bars too?), side bag guards, shift extension.

Can't wait to get to know you all, and thank you again for this awesome forum.

Finally found a beemer I can afford :brad

-Bob

Greetings

Bob,
Welcome to the tribe. Have lots of incredible miles on the Beemer. Don't forget your Anonymous Book.
Danl

Welcome Aboard!

Bob,

Welcome to the club - great bike you've found, It'll service you well for many years to come.

Wes

Back