• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New from Bend, Oregon

90rhead

Hey all. Finally joined and glad to be here! First time BMW owner currently restoring a 1976 R90/6. I'm up to my eyeballs in 47 year old grease and lovin' it!

Guess I've always had the fever ever since I sat on a brand new 1974 R90S in the showroom, as a teen. I'm now riding again, after a 45 year hiatus. I'm anxious to get out on the road again after a lonnng winter.

I'm now lucky enough to live in Bend, Oregon where there's some of the best cruising roads I've ever found, not to mention the highest density of microbreweries per capita in the US. Cheers!

Last edited:
Welcome from Newfoundland. I have spent some good beer geek time in Oregon, I was the first person ever to get every stamp in my Rogue Nation passport as per the bars on the back of the membership card. I was the first person ever to get the Sapporo, Japan stamp! How hard do you think it was to do that with how far away I am from Oregon?

After that long a hiatus from riding I would highly suggest doing some training to relearn.

Welcome form central ID! See you in John Day, OR, for the Chief Joseph Rally (6/22-25)?

Welcome from WNC. Hopefully next year's rally is somewhere near you! (The MOA rally has been in Redmond twice, love riding around there.)

Ah, 1976 R90/6... my first BMW... a looong time ago.

In Bend, if you haven't found them, stop in at Giant Loop and ask for my friend Harold.

They're a gear supplier... mostly for adventure riders, but Harold is a super nice guy.

Also... I would suggest joining the Airheads.

Ian_R90_6-X3.jpg

grüß Gott Mr R90 Airhead from Oregon!

Good luck getting your Vintage project out on the road again. :thumb And besides training, perhaps now that you have more time & money available, you could get a SECOND BMW - maybe even a 21st century model! They come in all shapes and sizes these days... :brow

Yes, the 51st International MOA Rally will be closer to the Left coast. Start getting your “kit” together now if U can’t get to VA in June. We rode ours out to Missouri last year and to Gr8 Falls in 2021. Just make up a good plan and then follow said plan... :deal

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 F650GS-twin - '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Welcome 90rhead! Hope you are enjoying the acquisition. A pic or two along your journey is always appreciated.

Back