• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Nav 6 vs. Nav 7

collingsbob

My local dealer has advised me that they are now selling the Nav 7…I haven’t compared the 2 yet…anyone else done the comparison?

My local dealer has advised me that they are now selling the Nav 7…I haven’t compared the 2 yet…anyone else done the comparison?

Nav 7? There is no such thing. There is the ConnectedRide Navigator which is replacing the Nav 6 but it is not a Garmin device. It is made by Cyrus, runs android and uses Tom Tom mapping and maps.

Looks like it's just an update to the Nav 6 (VI). So no Nav 7? Am I reading that right?

I think my local dealer is calling it the 7..BMW is still calling it the 6 - with newer firmware, or software, or something..

A new "fixed" version is apparently days away from shipping. Not sure if they are calling it something else or not. The link above would appear to be for the current black background version that has been out for a year and a half or more. I called Garmin earlier this week about one the black background units ghosting every bit as a number of other Nav6's that they have swapped for similar issues. Rather than initiating the normal RMA swap process, they took down my details and passed the details to another department who are apparently tasked with sending out the new "fixed" units. I've not heard anything from them yet. Much more encouraging words than Garmin support has made than previously.

So, yet another promise of a new version of the Navigator VI??

IMG_0375.jpeg

:D

Best,
DeVern

Back