• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

My first brake pad search for my new to me 2017.5 R1200gs HELP!!

archeryman

FYI.. I bought my first GS about 10 months ago planning a Idaho run from Ariz.. Then the pandemic hit !!! Then I moved to high mountain town and been cold snow bound !! Big time unfortunate I haven't put many miles on it, but I need to do a service on it. Now that the garage is turning from a deep freezer to a refrigerator per say, so wearing two shirts a hoodie and a floor heater going to change oils, etc. Also final drive joint inspection and service, etc.. Did research, the You Tube rabbit hole, forums.
Is this the correct EBC brake pad numbers ? Front part number FA630HH. Rear FA209/2HH . For some reason I found the rear part number confusing info...(Bike info in title box) Also I checked the typical Beamer suppliers and found beamerboneyard to have what a lot of what you folks use. BUT they wanted $25+ for shipping three brake pads, which in my opinion a bit pricy. The pads aren't that big, or that heavy. . Revzillia, same items free shipping. Am I missing something here ? Please don't misunderstand, I'm not bashing beamerboneyard. I've ordered a lot of items and lean towards free shipping as many do. Ya need to research check prices vs free shipping. Amazon famous for offering prime free shipping, but raise the item price just a few dollars more to help cover shipping. Not on all items, but many. Times that by 10's of thousands of daily orders, plus your annual prime fee. That's why Amazon's market cap 1.7 trillion and Jeff Bezo is worth almost 200 billion!!! Some very smart dudes and dudettes running that show. Anyway sorry for the rant and thanks in advance for the info. Stay safe and regards. P.S., and yes I'm also wearing pants and shoes with my two shirts and hoodie.

Back