• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Motorcycle parking at Chicago Midway airport

irish

Registered Schmoozer
Can anyone confirm if motorcycles park for free at Chicago midway airport? I am flying out of there on Tuesday for the first time in quite a while. I found one website that said you can drive around the entrance gate at any airport terminal parking ramp and park for free, but the official website makes no mention of it. For what it’s worth, I can confirm free motorcycle parking at Dane County Airport in Madison, Wisconsin and General Mitchell Airport in Milwaukee.

Midway FAQs here, scroll down

Where can I park my motorcycle or oversized vehicle at MDW Airport?

You may park your motorcycle for free at any terminal garage by driving around the garage entrance gate without taking a parking ticket. On the other hand, larger vehicles like Semi-trucks, trailers, mobile homes, and large box trucks are prohibited from parking in any of the Midway parking areas. So, if you’re planning to go to MDW Airport with oversized vehicles, you may want to find an off-site parking lot that can accommodate your needs.

Or, call the Parking Garage Office at (773) 838-0756 to verify.​​

Thanks, Ikraus, but this is the website I was referring to and is not the official Midway site. The person who answered the phone at that number was not super helpful but said motorcycles are "not allowed." I was able to connect with a Chicago resident who said it is not free. I don’t know why the website you linked to as the only one that seems to mention free motorcycle parking, maybe it was free at one point and that changed or something. Hard to know for sure, but I’m not going to take a chance, I will be taking my car, unfortunately. Cheers.

Back