• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Morning Reads: 31 December 2007

mika

Still Wondering
TodayÔÇÖs Birthdays / Calendar

pinata%20card.jpg

BMW in the News

f1complete.com
Heidfeld cautious about next step for BMW

focus.de
Luxury cars sold out until 2009
BMWs Nobeltochter Rolls-Royce verzeichnet 2007 einen Absatzzuwachs von 25 Prozent. BMWs Nobel subsidiary Rolls-Royce has a paragraph 2007 increase of 25 percent. Die absolute Zahl der Auslieferungen ist allerdings immer noch dreistellig. The absolute number of deliveries is still three

timesonline.co.uk
The best car BMW makes ÔÇô per Jeremy Clarkson
Motoring-STM30CLARK_259778a.jpg

TED: Ideas worth spreading
TED Blog,Conferences, Themes, Talks and Speakers

BMW AG: Share price performance

BMW Press: News and press releases from the official BMW sources

BMW Sauber F1: Website

BMW Motorsport

BMW Yachtsport

BMW Golfsport

BMW Oracle Racing

BMW Sport website

News:

motostation.com
Dakar 2008: The route will not change

BMW is not the only motor-rad/car company cutting in Europe. Reuters.com reported this week:
Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. to Dissolve Its Subsidiary
Wednesday, 26 Dec 2007 12:09am EST
Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. announced that it will dissolve its Italy-based subsidiary on December 26, 2007. The subsidiary, Elm Design Europe S.r.l, is engaged in the planning and design of motorcycles, marine products and electrical hybrid automobiles, as well as related products.

rediff.com
Best bikes: Who won the race?

autobloggreen
Ariel Atom might make an electric bike

Faster and Faster
The best of 2007
1098.jpg

motopassion.it
Griso 1100, Guzzi fascinating
griso%2010-thumb.JPG

hinckleytriumph.com
Limited edition Triumph art prints

Cage World

motoring.co.za
Tat ready with worldÔÇÖs cheapest car

Jeremy Clarkson ÔÇôAerial Atom
<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WaWoo82zNUA&rel=1&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WaWoo82zNUA&rel=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

reuters.com
Bosch wants to expand supply for low-price cars

motorists.org
300MPG or Conspiracy Theory?

wrc.com
New team members for Suzuki

Packer News

jsonline.com
Packers Plus Online

The News-Record ÔÇô Gillette Wyoming

Blog Update

Foreign Language Blogs

Blogs:

KÔÇÖtelontour of the World

NelsonÔÇÖs BMW airhead motorcycles

The New Caf?® (Racer) Society

Gear:

Do you have a Micro-person, a.k.a. child, and think they are to small to ride along with you?
caradisiac.com
To carry cherub
Video of this bike seat on a H-D
arton6829.jpg

webbikeworld.com
Motorcycle Bluetooth intercom comparison

Mining The Home Page and Forum

Threads that look interesting to follow:
Latest project: ÔÇ£Old CroÔÇØ the R-evolution

Dakar 2008

Motorcycle Repair and Care:

I understand some people do this but, as a Rounder, I have never understood why.
brainbucketmag.com
Motorcycle storage made easy

Over Heard in New York | Voice of the City

Photography / Video:

I really enjoy articles that take the mundane accoutrements of life and turn them into something different and useful.
diyphotography
The party bouncer is back in business (car)

Links to the Photo Assignment threads:

12/29/2007 ÔÇ£ThreeÔÇØ

12/15/2007: Holiday Warmth and Motorcycling

12/01/2007: Element

11/24/2007: Gratitude ÔÇô Thanksgiving Special

11/17/2007: Triangle

11/10/2007: Harmony

11/03/2007: Pure & Simple

10/27/2007: Open Wide

10/19/2007: Shadow of a Doubt

10/13/2007: Group Dynamic

10/06/2007: Blue

09/29/2007: Evolution

09/22/2007: Balance

09/15/2007: Where I Want to Be

09/08/2007: A Long Way to Go

M.R. Traveler

Here is a reason to go to Florida in January if you are a fan of prancing horses and your favorite color is red.
classicrallies.com
Ferrari Classic returns to Palm Beach, Fla.

Wonderings:

This is a, ÔÇ£is the glass empty or full,ÔÇØ kind of postings.

The Glass is Empty: Today is the last day for the current layout incarnation of the Morning Reads. If this is a layout, it has evolved as a patchwork of headings which have been both search/writing prompts to me and organizational tools for you. At least that has been the intent.

What I see in my copy editor is very different than the finished product on your screen. My version is a combination of text, code and clutter. The clutter has been giving me a headache.

The Glass is Full: The glass may not be full on the first day of publication, but should be in short order. The planning for this change involved many great motorcycle rides to sort things out in my mind. Here is a teaser outline of what to expect.

The MOA is about the members so the Birthday Calendar will continue as the lead item.

There are five major headings:

Motorrad News
This section will combine both BMW and other marque motorcycle news. ÔÇÿBMW in the NewsÔÇÖ has been eliminated.

MotorSport News
Motorcycle racing news will lead this section. BMW MotorSport PressClub, BMW Sauber F1 and BMW MotorSport news sites will act as separators from motorsport news of the cage variety.

Cage Welt
In a fashion similar to Motorrad News, this section will cover both BMW and other marque news.

MotherShip News
Monday through Friday this section will track BMW websites from around the BMW world and the US, CA, DE and Rolls-Royce PressClub sections. The focus will be motorrad then corporate information and finally cage news from the US, CA and Rolls-Royce. No MotherShips news on Saturday unless there is something very special. Sunday Week in Review will be tour through all of the BMW PressClub sites around the world. This is when more of the BMW Cage Welt will news will come out.

Departments
This is where more of the static headings such as Woot and Humor will be found. I have combined headings when possible to cut down on clutter. Cartoon Saturdays and Comedy and Classics for Big Kids! on Sunday will be part of weekend posts. Stuff has been put in as an anchor heading for the miscellaneous items I find.

Bike Candy and The End will be the last items of each post.

I hope you enjoy what you will see. Feel free to give me feed back either in a post or PM.

TodayÔÇÖs RoadFood.com

Woot

Todays Woot

The Blog

xkcd A webcomic of Romance, Sarcasm, Math and Language

Sluggy Freelance

Bike Candy:

101600-16.jpg

Fritz, hurry up and take the picture, my butt is chaffing in this riding suit. From motorcycle-memories.com

THE END

The cheap car, a pet project of Cornell-trained architect Ratan Tata that he helped design, is intended to get India's masses off their motorcycle and into cars

Albeit crowded, India's mass transportation system serves India well. The car is said to be ready in 2008. This experiment will be most interesting to watch. :scratch

I hope you enjoy what you will see. Feel free to give me feed back either in a post or PM.
John:

I for one look forward to the new format, even though I never found anything wrong with the current one. However, if it makes things easier and better for you, then I'm all for it. Your daily posts are, many days, the only thing I read on the MOA forum, and I thank you for bringing us such a diverse, informative and entertaining selection in every post.

Happy New Year, John!

John:

I for one look forward to the new format, even though I never found anything wrong with the current one. However, if it makes things easier and better for you, then I'm all for it. Your daily posts are, many days, the only thing I read on the MOA forum, and I thank you for bringing us such a diverse, informative and entertaining selection in every post.

Happy New Year, John!

++1 (Do I hear an echo in this forum?)

Not sure about "...the only thing" but, John, you've got a real good mix of stuff that I've got dependent on reading every day :thumb

Back