• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Morning Reads: 10 April 2007

mika

Still Wondering
The motorcycling world viewed from the saddle of a BMW. A daily look at all things BMW, Euro-bike, products and things I find interesting on the internet. With links to news, reviews, events, riding skills, maintenance and racing series updates. Morning Reads is a one stop shop for motorcycling information.

TodayÔÇÖs Birthdays / Calendar

cat9.gif

News:

Motorcycle fashion trends for customizers seem be changing according to theKneeslider.com

duss.jpg

Another contender in the Supermoto category - Duss V2 It displaces 993cc with a claimed output of 120 hp and 76 foot pounds. Dry weight is 319 pounds! Belt drive, 3.2 gallon tank theKneeslider.com

Belleville News Democrat interviews a St. Louis area dealer about his growing dealership, Triumph dealership that is.

There are many pilots among our membership and among them I imagine many have IFR ÔÇô instrument flight ratings. Bikernewsonline.com is wondering if you could have an IBR ÔÇô instrument bike rating.

Feature:

BoingBoing.net reacts to a Blogger Code of Conduct proposed by Tim OÔÇÖRiely. I often share the concerns and goals of those who propose codes of conduct, yet I continue to wonder about the efficacy of such codes.

Blog Update:

Salcar ÔÇô ÔÇ£back on the road aloneÔÇØ and universal sign language.

HelmetHairblog.com ÔÇô HH covers some classic material.

CyrilHuzeBlog Staying with the classic theme the blog looks at a 1300 hour effort to restore/customize a Harley WL 45

Now for a blogger who actually did some riding. Blujeproofbikes took a short afternoon ride to the coast.

Gear

webBikeWorld.com ÔÇô Zox Azuma Helmet review. A $99.00 lid does faily well in this review.

Photography / Video:

DPS.com ÔÇô Shooting with an in camera flash.

Kawasaki 100 TV commercial

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EyNq_UK0OBQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EyNq_UK0OBQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Technology:

What we want from the BMW MOA website continues to be a hot topic. Beyond the forum, the sites ability to provide various forms of information for our use will continue to grow. The form we use that information in is a real issue. I am a bit nervous about laying my greasy mitts on my laptop in the garage so I print many things I could just as easily view online. It can take way to many printed pages to get the kernel of information I really need from some web sites.

For very different reasons, HP shares some of my concerns. iht.com ÔÇô HP is imagining a Web friendly printer.

M.R. Traveler

TodayÔÇÖs RoadFood.com

Woot

Todays Woot

The Blog

Over Heard in New York | Voice of the City

All things BMW

F1: BMW to reconsider Friday driver plans[/url=http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/3576/617/]f1complete.com[/url]

BMW MOA Chartered Club:

club:
Motomaniacs, #300 founded: 11/26/2002

Bob Denk (robertdenk2@comcast.net)
4440 25th Ave.
Schiller Park, IL 60176 US

meetings:
On Saturday evening at the BMW MOA International Rally

events:
Y.B. Normal Rally, 3rd weekend in May, Spencer, IN
Winter Nationals , Schiller Park, IL, February during bike show in Chicago.

Gem??tlichkeit is the warm, comfortable feeling
one receives from pleasant surroundings and atmosphere.
I think you will find that when you come here.

Wisconsin is not just beer and cows. Check out London Dairy Alpacas when you are in the Two Rivers area.

Ozaukee ÔÇô Washington Daily News

Fond Du Lac Reporter

The Sheboygan Press

Daily Citizen, Beaver Dam

Weather

West Bend WI
Current

10 Day Forcast

United States
National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration

Canada
Meteorological Service of Canada

Travel Information ÔÇô Driving Conditions and other related information sites.

Bike Candy:
MV-Agusta-350b-Electronica2.jpg

From: VintageBike.co.uk - Classic Motorcycles For Sale 1974 MV Agusta 50B Electronica

THE END

Back