• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Morning Reads: 09 September 2008

mika

Still Wondering
368826461_NxN3b-M.jpg

Packers 24
Vikings 19

Happy Birthday

Now that the important stuff is out of the way we can talk motorcycles.

237640131_uKstm-L.jpg

A Cage Welt article speculates that BMW will expand applications of existing car lines into new market niches. Will the motorrad segment see such an opportunity here?
motorcycle-usa.com: 450cc Super Singles to run in AMA Race

cyrilhuzeblog.com: Shares of Harley-Davidson tumble

gizmaag.com: HondaÔÇÖs 2009 Fireblade and CBR 600 RR

The rumor keeps spreading
bmw_s6rr.jpg

moto22.com
Does anyone recognize the source of this photo shop?
twowheelsblog.com

thekneeslider.com: Crocker Motorcycles now taking orders for 100.
Crocker was featured here some time ago as the brand of the day. Interesting.

motorcycle-usa.com: 2008 650 Dual-Sport challenge

motoblog.it: New Yamaha ÔÇô R1 2009

239852415_rhPZj-L.jpg

HUSQVARNA AND ANTOINE MEO TOGETHER AGAIN FOR 2009
09/08/2008

Woodcliff Lake, NJ - September 5, 2008... After his first year on the Enduro Team, Husqvarna CH Racing team factory rider Antoine Meo will continue his relationship with the marque for the 2009 season. The announcement comes after discussions between Meo, CH Racing Team Manager Fabrizio Azzalin and Husqvarna Racing Activities Manager Martino Bianchi at the recent world press launch for the 2009 Husqvarna Enduro bikes, where Meo was a special guest.
"Antoine is part of the Husqvarna family," Bianchi said enthusiastically, "and, like most families, we've shared both good and bad moments. We're confident, however, that we can build upon what we've learned this past year to achieve success in working toward the world Enduro championship."

Meo will continue to race in the Enduro Team under the supervision of Fabrizio Azzalin and still have the opportunity to satisfy his great passion for Motocross. The French rider will pilot the new Husqvarna CR125 in the MX1-2 World Championship GP in Faenza,

Immediately following the MX GP, Meo will head to Milan to compete in the European Supercross Championship in Assago. Then, he will travel to Terni, near Rome, for the penultimate Enduro World Championship round.

"I'll be honest. The exposure I gained this year riding for Husqvarna in the Enduro World Championship prompted many proposals from different brands," commented Meo after signing the agreement. "Husqvarna is not only my team, but my family. Between Fabrizio and myself there is more than a team manager/rider relationship and, when it came time to choose, I had no doubts. I'm happy and thankful that Martino Bianchi is supporting my desire to continue to compete in motocross, a discipline that I still love. I'm sure we'll do a great work together in the future."

Husqvarna Motorcycles. Tradition on two wheels since 1903.

Husqvarna Motorcycles, which was purchased by the BMW Group in October 2007, is well-known and highly respected in the off-road motorcycle market. Its heritage is inextricably linked to competition riding (72 prizes in Moto Cross, Enduro and Supermotard contests). Husqvarna motorcycles have been produced at the Varese facilities since 1987.

Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC

Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC is part of BMW (US) Holding Corp., the BMW Group's sales headquarters for North, Central and South America, which is located in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey. Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC announced a return to off-road racing competition earlier this year, after reaching an agreement with Scott Summers, Inc. to provide a professional race team to compete in the GNCC Racing Series. The riders pilot 2008 Husqvarna TXC 450 off-road models in the GNCC's XC1 class.

MotoGP.com
MotoGP rolls on to maiden Indianapolis vist
AmericaÔÇÖs winning heritage in MotoGP
250cc class makes U.S. return

worldsuperbikenews.co.uk: World Superbikes at Donington

thevintagent.com: 1956 ÔÇô NSU breaks 200mph

formula1.com: Italian GP ÔÇô selected preview quotes

formula1.com: Race analysis ÔÇô controversy blows title race wide open.

I tend to agree with this McDonald on this one ÔÇôwheels.ca: Hamilton ambushed by F1 politics

autoweek.com: U.S. Grand Prix set to return?

240145146_bEXKZ-L.jpg

BMW plans more niche vehicles according to autonews.com. These are new applications and variants of existing models intend to capture more sales and increase efficiency of the production plants. A 3 series variant would allow the excess capacity of the Munich plant to be utilized for example.

automotivenews.com describes increasing tensions between VW-Porshce, a class of corporate cultures.

Jaguar and Land Rover must be following BMW NAÔÇÖs lead. autospies.com says the British marques have ceased to report US sales as part of a strategy to emphasis quality over quantity of sales. ThatÔÇÖs why BWM NA doesnÔÇÖt report US bike sales isnÔÇÖt it?

238372550_gEvAn-M.jpg

SCOT HARDEN JOINS HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES NA, LLC AS NATIONAL SALES AND MARKETING MANAGER
09/08/2008

Intent on Reviving Prestigious Brand in U.S.
Woodcliff Lake, NJ - September 8, 2008... Scot Harden, a 26-year veteran of the off-road motorcycle industry and AMA Hall of Fame inductee, has joined Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC as National Sales and Marketing Manager. The move brings Harden's professional and racing career back to where it began - at Husqvarna.

Prior to his 20-year career spearheading corporate marketing strategies, product development and sales for KTM North America, Harden was a regional sales manager for Husqvarna and, later, Cagiva, which purchased Husqvarna in 1987. For the past two years, he has been general manager of KTM Adventure Tours, a company he launched in 2006. Harden also enjoys iconic status as a motorcycle racer with credits that include African Rally Champion and two-time Dakar Rally Veteran, three-time Baja 500 and Baja 1000 Overall Champion, three-time ISDE Medalist - US Trophy Team Member and two-time AMA Amateur National Offroad Champion. In October, he will be inducted into the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) Hall of Fame for his off-road racing accomplishments on Husqvarna motorcycles.

"I am delighted to welcome Scot to the Husqvarna leadership team," said Mark Brady, President of Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC. "He brings a unique combination of industry insight and off-road racing expertise to the process of re-igniting the Husqvarna brand in the U.S."

In his role, Harden will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing activities as well as creating a broader infrastructure to enhance sales of the legendary marque. One of Harden's first orders of business, according to Brady, will be to organize Husqvarna Motorcycles NA's first dealer meeting in 20 years.

"This is a great opportunity to take Husqvarna's rich heritage and build upon it with the impressive resources of BMW to create a fresh new brand identity," commented Harden. "I am fortunate to have been part of the company's heritage as well as its future."

Harden will maintain offices in Woodcliff Lake, NJ, where Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC is headquartered, and Southern California, where much of the off-road racing community is centered.

Harden and his wife, Kristi, have two sons -- Brent and Brock -- both of whom are accomplished motorcycle racers.

Husqvarna Motorcycles. Tradition on two wheels since 1903.
Husqvarna Motorcycles, which was purchased by the BMW Group in October 2007, is well-known and highly respected in the off-road motorcycle market. Its heritage is inextricably linked to competition riding with numerous world championships in the 60s and 70s in both motocross and enduro classes. In 1987, Cagiva purchased the Husqvarna motorcycle division and moved production to Varese, Italy, where the bikes continue to be manufactured today.

TED | Jane Goodall helps humans and animals live together
<!--cut and paste--><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="320" height="285" id="VE_Player" align="middle"><param name="movie" value="http://static.videoegg.com/ted2/flash/loader.swf"><PARAM NAME="FlashVars" VALUE="bgColor=FFFFFF&file=http://static.videoegg.com/ted/movies/JaneGoodall_2007G-embed-Autodesk_high.flv&autoPlay=false&fullscreenURL=http://static.videoegg.com/ted/flash/fullscreen.html&forcePlay=false&logo=&allowFullscreen=true"><param name="quality" value="high"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF"><param name="scale" value="noscale"><param name="wmode" value="window"><embed src="http://static.videoegg.com/ted2/flash/loader.swf" FlashVars="bgColor=FFFFFF&file=http://static.videoegg.com/ted/movies/JaneGoodall_2007G-embed-Autodesk_high.flv&autoPlay=false&fullscreenURL=http://static.videoegg.com/ted/flash/fullscreen.html&forcePlay=false&logo=&allowFullscreen=true" quality="high" allowScriptAccess="always" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" scale="noscale" wmode="window" width="320" height="285" name="VE_Player" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></object>

237925770_HoJge-XL.jpg

Stuff

webbikeworld.com: Parabellum windshield

gizmag.com: Plastic Logic flexible electronic reading device.

pikensplan.com: Two T. Boone Town Halls this week

googleblog.com: Bringing history online

cmgonline.com: Marzocchi now American

gas2.org: Camelina ÔÇô The next generation biofuel?

Packers Blog ÔÇô jsonline.com
Packers.com ÔÇô News from the football shrine
Green Bay Post Gazette: Packer News, Commentary

still_raw.png

xkcd.com

Offical site of the Premier League

GasBuddy.com has gas temperature maps intended to let you see what gas prices are around the US and Canada. Areas are color coded according to the reported local average price for regular unleaded gasoline.
US
Canada

358363679_ucvAY-M.jpg

Bike Candy

368709559_DvbYe-L.jpg

THE END

Check out ABC's GMA for vid of a story this morning on stunt riding and the issues. It's a fast growing problem and it'll affect the rest of us with tighter laws for sure. f'ing punk morons....The pack of them needs to do a pied piper off a cliff.....

Check out ABC's GMA for vid of a story this morning on stunt riding and the issues. It's a fast growing problem and it'll affect the rest of us with tighter laws for sure. f'ing punk morons....The pack of them needs to do a pied piper off a cliff.....

Went there could not find it. Could you, or if someone else finds it, post a link for us?

It is a problem that has been with us as long as I have been riding. It has just taken a different form this time. I agree that laws may well come out of peoples fears. Pay attention to what you local government and state are doing.

Back