• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Man do we like to eat.

oldhway

2 Wheeled Troubador
And a lot of us love to cook. With summer coming on us it's grillin' and chillin' time.

How about folks share their favorite grill recipes (burgers, barbecue, whatever).

The chillin' part is easy for me, I am a Sam Adams light and Dos Equis guy in the summer.

Favorite Burger:

20/80 ground beef mixed with Campbells French Onion soup (from the can). Top with carmelized onions, thick slice of sharp Cheddar cheese, and some thick and crisp slab cut bacon. A touch of salsa and ketchup. Makes me happy.

Chicken:

I love marinading Chicken in a real herby Italian dressing. Let it sit in the fridge overnight, top with fresh herbs, and brush with marinade while it's grilling. Don't let the grill get to hot. Great hot off the grill, even better cold on salads during the upcoming week.

Hot dogs:

There is only one choice here; Groton Weigel (we call 'em Rotten Beagles) natural casing Franks. Top 'em with some carmelized onopns and spicy (Obama likes Dijon, I prefer Guldens) mustard and they don't need anyting else. If I cook them inside, I grill them in a little butter and then have them with Chilli, cheese, and fresh onions. They are also good steamed in beer and then grilled lightly.

Barbecue?:

I'm looking for a good Barbecue recipe and haven't decided between a rub or BBQ sauce.

Dang, is it lunch time yet? :eat

I have been apprenticing myself to Don Cameron for the past decade at his gathering in Deming, NM, each Veterans Day weekend. He has a big trailer-type smoker and generally does up more than 100lbs. of brisket or sirloin.

Don usually sets the fire about 10:30 the night before. Once it's warm and stabilized at about 220F, we load the sirloins. I take the graveyard shift and watch it overnight. About 6am Don will come out and take over. We take them off about 3:30, slice them up and serve at about 4pm.

PB113826.JPG

PB113842.JPG

PB113848.JPG

So, I've acquired a little Oklahoma Joe smoker. Don comes out here in April now to help with my Vintage/Airhead/R90S Tech Day. We've done sirloin also, but this year we did spare ribs (45 lbs.) and chicken (6 whole chickens). We had about 40 people here, and there were only 3 ziploc bags worth of ribs and chicken left, so I guess it was ok.

Grilled Caesar Salad

My new favorite for the grill is a Grilled Caesar Salad.

What you need:
Romaine Hearts
Good creamy caesar dressing
Croutons
any other favorite fixin's

What you do:
Cut the romaine heart in half lengthwise leaving the core intact. Slather the cut side with dressing making sure it oozes down between the leaves.

Fire up the grill on high. Put the romaine on the grill, cut side down. Flip it in about 45 seconds to a minute and grill the other side for the same length of time. The leaves should have a little char on the edges and slightly wilt but still remain crisp in the center.

Top with croutons and your favorite salad fixin's.

:lurk

OK I'm watching this thread as I could use all the help I can. I used to BBQ more often when I had a charcoal grill; however, my wife doesn't like the taste of smokiness. So, I'm grilling with gas now, and I've never gotten a good hang of it. So, how about noting whether or not you're charcoal or gas grilling.

:lurk

OK I'm watching this thread as I could use all the help I can. I used to BBQ more often when I had a charcoal grill; however, my wife doesn't like the taste of smokiness. So, I'm grilling with gas now, and I've never gotten a good hang of it. So, how about noting whether or not you're charcoal or gas grilling.

I have gas.:blush .

http://http://www.bradleysmoker.com/

The Bradley smoker, hot and cold smoke, or just roasting and the best bit, it can be digital smoke, not your old fashioned ineffective analogue smoke. Bradley's scented digital pixels of smoke and timers are great.

Plus, buy one in the USA and you can win an Indian.

There are some good recipes on their site too.

OK......Saturday night is "date night" at my house. We get two steaks, a prime NY strip for me, and a prime tenderloin filet for my wife. I rub the outside with my secret recipe. I take two garlic cloves and peel them and put them in a dish with olive oil. Microwave them for 5-7 seconds, until each clove emits an audible pop. Then cut a slit in each steak and stuff them with the garlic cloves. We usually steam asparagus or bake some potatos along with the steaks. We like our steaks grilled rare (cold center for me!). Now all this time that wonderful California cabernet has been breathing. Man, I'm hungry!!:eat :bottle :heart

OK......Saturday night is "date night" at my house. We get two steaks, a prime NY strip for me, and a prime tenderloin filet for my wife. I rub the outside with my secret recipe. I take two garlic cloves and peel them and put them in a dish with olive oil. Microwave them for 5-7 seconds, until each clove emits an audible pop. Then cut a slit in each steak and stuff them with the garlic cloves. We usually steam asparagus or bake some potatos along with the steaks. We like our steaks grilled rare (cold center for me!). Now all this time that wonderful California cabernet has been breathing. Man, I'm hungry!!:eat :bottle :heart

That needs a rethink on the article being used. For one strange moment, I read it that you rubbed your wife's outside with your secret recipe...each to their own of course!

I have had the good luck to be a gest at Hugh's house on a Saturday night. Perhaps the best steak I have ever had. I think we should hold him down and tickle him (since waterboarding is out) until he gives up the secret recipe.

My new thing is chimichurri.
Go with the half cilantro/half parsley and find your way with the garlic, vinegar and pepper flakes.
On beef, chicken. Haven't tried fish but I hear it's good.

Daryl, Holy Smokes (no pun!) that is some serious sirloin smoking going on there, brother! Good on ya man!

We're headed up to the Catskills for the big weekend, which means I'll be grillin and chillin. My favorite recipe usually involves either a slab of PRIME hangar or flank over hot charcoal and one of two approaches:

1. Straight Broil with a chimmichuri (like Wezul!) finish
or
2. Tessler-MarinadeÔäó consisting of:
--A dry rub made out of Tandoori Indian spices bought at Patel's Grocery in Jackson Heights, Queens and
--A little Sriracha Sauce
--A squeeze of fresh lime.

Keegan's Old Capital Ale made right near the Catskills in Kingston, NY is usually the accompaniment.

Back