• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Low Country Boil, Dec. 4-6, Tybee Island, GA

JDOCKERY132445

OldBMWMaster
THIS JUST IN FROM JERRY DUKE

The date is set, December 4 - 6, 2015.
Again this year The Dunes Inn has held their prices:
$49.99 front, $39.99 rear, plus tax
*Be sure and mention BMW Riders to get this special price.*
Dunes Inn
1409 Butler Ave.
Tybee Island, GA 31328
*Call (912) 786-4591 *

Friday night we'll gather at StingRay's, on Butler just north of The Dunes.

Our Saturday night Low Country Boil will return to the cafeteria this year!!
The cafeteria is on 5th, beside the YMCA.
204 5th St.
Tybee Island, GA 31328

Mark your calendars and we look forward to seeing everyone again this year!!

Reservations made

The room rates have not increased, but the charge for pets has skyrocketed. We will not be bringing the dogs this year.

Water levels are down again.

The water has receded and the road to Tybee Island is once again passable. It should be a great time to visit Savannah and Tybee.

Mounted and balanced

I usually mount my own tires, but not this time. I recently bought a salvaged bike that had been through 6 owners without being touched by anyone. That means that all bolts are seized, tires are old and hard and busted knuckles are the order of the day.

I decided to mount my new tires on the rims from the salvage bike because the rims were practically new. The old tires were so hard and stiff that I had to take them to someone with a motorcycle specific Coates machine. Even with the machine, Keith had trouble getting the old tires off.

Heading out Thursday and spending the night in Bluffton, SC before motoring on to Tybee Friday.

See you on the road.

No "registration" needed

All that's required is $25 for Saturday's Low Country Boil. If you don't eat, nothing is required.
Friday about 6pm we gather at StingRay's bar and restaurant next to the Dunes Inn. Don't be bashful, walk around and introduce yourself and talk about motorcycles.
Saturday mid morning Rich Heritage will lead a ride and a stop for lunch.
Around 5 - 6 pm we gather at the old school cafeteria behind City Hall on Butler for the Boil.
Come on out, and bring friends and family.

It was indeed. Thanks to Jerry, the other Jerry, Amber and the other likely suspects the meetin', greetin' and eatin' were all excellent.

Of course, given that the weather was perfect, the one bike I have that my wife can ride on as a passenger had a last minute technical problem and we had to drive the truck. :doh

Ian

Too much

I ate too much and Barbie drank too much. Pretty normal situation. Lucky for her we transported my dead motorcycle home in a Penske truck and she slept most of the way.

Back