• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Looking For Beer Garden Volunteers For Johnson City

Just rejoined the Rams after a 10 year hiatas, I know they volunteer as a group for beer garden duty. I plan on working that shift.

Beer Garden Volunteers

Jim,

I would like to volunteer to work the beer garden Saturday from 8-close along with my wife Karen and our friend Tommy Pilgrim. We would like to be micro brew or can beer servers if possible.

How long was your trip to Texas? From the pictures, I'd say that you had a pretty good trip. I look forward to seeing you at the rally.

Mac McEnheimer

Count Us In

As soon as someone helps me figure out how to register my wife, you can count us both in. We'll help set up minimally. We've done it before (ticket sales and ice) at Lima and one other rally that escapes me right now. Ice is the coolest job in town. :bikes

Jim,

I would like to volunteer to work the beer garden Saturday from 8-close along with my wife Karen and our friend Tommy Pilgrim.

I look forward to seeing you at the rally.

Mac McEnheimer

Thanks Mac,

It seems Mac asked on the BMW Motorcycle Owners of Georgia Club forum and got a few more friends to work with him on Saturday night. :dance

Saturday from 8-close - BMW Motorcycle Owners of Georgia
Karen & Mac McEnheimer
Tommy Pilgrim
Johnathan & Renee Sharpe
Hal & Sherri Kent
Steve Smith
Wolfgang Enneker
Danny Andrews
Phil Albritton
Ian Scobie
Charlie Rogers
Theo Samouris
Jan Herron
Rick Cobb
Jim Carlson
Robert Cramer
Eric Chatham
Roy Fant
Charles Barnard
Pat Straley
Mary Severson
Dave Johnson
Becca Wise
Douglas Booth
Wayne Booth
Steve Smith
Paula Smith
Chuck Murphy
Robin Murphy

George Brown (NC)​

Is there any information on which beers will be served? Any local brews? how much will the tickets be this year?

Thanks,

i didn't officially sign up with the YBs for their Thursday night shift but i might be able to help. have done it before so the learning curve should be minimal.:thumb

Is there any information on which beers will be served? Any local brews? how much will the tickets be this year?

Thanks,

Canned Beer: $1.50
- Bud
- Bud Light
- Bud Light Lime
- Michelob Ultra
- Busch NA

Keg Beer: $3.00
- Terrapin SunRay Wheat Hefeweizen
- Magic Hat
- Fat Tire
- 1554 Black Ale
- Star Hill Stout

State law/no wine

Bacardi Lemon:$3.00
Bacardi Peach
Bacardi

20oz plastic - Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Mello Yellow and bottled water:$1.50
We will provide free ice water at the end of the bar in a large plastic thermos

A turnkey operation for the Beer Team as Vance did most of the arrangements​

Oh but Holly...Santa forgot to list it..Gluten Free Beer will be available! However wine is sold in TN under a liquor license...and we ain't got one of them! We got ya covered on the gluten free though!

Canned Beer: $1.50
- Bud
- Bud Light
- Bud Light Lime
- Michelob Ultra
- Busch NA

Keg Beer: $3.00
- Magic Hat
- Fat Tire
- 1554 Black Ale
- Star Hill Stout

A turnkey operation for the Beer Team as Vance did most of the arrangements​

Thank you Sir.... we head out Sat morning from Mass.

Oh but Holly...Santa forgot to list it..Gluten Free Beer will be available! However wine is sold in TN under a liquor license...and we ain't got one of them! We got ya covered on the gluten free though!

I love you guys. :heart:hug

Thank you.

Don't you just love all the different regulations! Where I live liquor and wine can only be sold at the provincially controlled LCBO. Beer can only be sold at the provincially controlled Beer Store. But gluten free beer can only be found at the LCBO. Go figure!

Holly

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thank All

The Beer Team would like to thank the following Clubs and various individuals for running the Beer Tent on their respective shifts:

The Internet BMW Riders,
Yankee Beemers,
Forum Frenzy Riders,
Twin Valley Riders,
Richmond Riders,
MOA Board of Directors,
Wisconsin BMW Motorcycle Club,
Dinky Dozen MC,
Chicken Chokers,
Port Washington BMW Club,
BMW Motorcycle Owners of Georgia.

It is really nice to be in a part of the Country to get Club participation like we had this year.

Bud provided the main domestic brews.

Yuengling , America's oldest brewery was our surprise best seller.

The micro/craft brews were light to very dark::drink
- Magic Hat
- Fat Tire
- 1554 Black Ale
- Star Hill Stout

"The Beer Team would like to thank the following Clubs and various individuals for running the Beer Tent on their respective shifts:"

You guys are always fun to work for!

Beer Garden Water

I sold tickets as a volunteer at the Beer Garden Saturday night. The water was $1.50 when the rest of the rally only charged $1.00. It wouldn't be a big deal to sell water tickets. Also, the ice people left early and we could have easily sold ice as well.
Hal

Also, the ice people left early and we could have easily sold ice as well.

Hal, thanks for volunteering

Ice sales are 8 am to 9 PM a total of 13 hours.
The cash box and paper work are separate from Beer Sales.
The Ice chair locks up, turns in the paper work, then hits the sack about 10 PM so they can be back the next day to do it again.

The water was $1.50 when the rest of the rally only charged $1.00. . .Hal

Saturday night was the least busiest time of the three night as far as ticket sales went. I can imagine selling ticket for $1.00 or 1.50 mixing tickets for different products.

The water . . . the rest of the rally only charged $1.00. . .Hal

We provided free water in the three thermos jugs at the end of the bar
for people who don't like to create plastic waste
and who don't like to pay for water.

The Beer Garden had to help to pay for tents ($X,XXX), entertainment and so forth

Last edited:
I sold tickets as a volunteer at the Beer Garden Saturday night. The water was $1.50 when the rest of the rally only charged $1.00. It wouldn't be a big deal to sell water tickets. Also, the ice people left early and we could have easily sold ice as well.
Hal

Hi Hal !!!:wave

Back