• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Keep my 2013 G650GS, or swap it for 2005 R1200GS?

Well we were camping the whole way, we stopped in towns every 5 days or so to sleep in a hotel or yurt, shower, and resupply. We carried an extra 10l of fuel, but never had to use it, except to help the locals on 3 occasions....we used maps.me as a main navigational tool and relied on the gas station info from the app hoping it would be accurate, and we planned our trips according to gas stations and water supply on the apps maps. We never had issues. We had a water filter and a steripen, never had water or sickness issues. Camping was free and everywhere, and terrain was anywhere from deep sand to Rocky mountains to mud and rivers to cross. Seriously no issues with the shineray motorbikes. I weight 260lbs and had my 75lbs backpack, fuel, extra 10l,of water, and other than one tube change, it went like a charm. We had never done any motorbike before, let alone a solo cross country 3 months trip camping.... I have a feeling ill never really have something this magical ever again....

Food stores... Well you don't go to Mongolia for food. Every village of a few houses usually had ramen, eggs, some sort of dry meat, and that was pretty much our diet for 3 months. But French wine and vodka were everywhere....you can cross the villages every day or so if you plan well so you never really get away from. Supplies.
Remember that sometimes the villages have 5 or 6 houses..Also, at night there is an endless supply of dried yak excrement that burns hot and long and keeps you warm.

Any time. If you need more info, hit me up. It's actually a pretty cheap and relatively easy trip to do... Of course we had just come into Mongolia from solo trekking in Pakistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan and Xinjiang part of China before, so this was almost rest. No red tape, no corrupt cops, no army, no altitude sickness. Just riding, camping, beautiful scenery and time!

Any time. If you need more info, hit me up. It's actually a pretty cheap and relatively easy trip to do... Of course we had just come into Mongolia from solo trekking in Pakistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan and Xinjiang part of China before, so this was almost rest. No red tape, no corrupt cops, no army, no altitude sickness. Just riding, camping, beautiful scenery and time!

Wow. Just wow! I have been "everywhere" in North America, southern AFRICA, Spain, and New Zealand and I still say, WOW, JUST WOW. Hats off!

Seminar

Wow. Just wow! I have been "everywhere" in North America, southern AFRICA, Spain, and New Zealand and I still say, WOW, JUST WOW. Hats off!

This seems like a fine seminar topic at the MOA rally in Lebanon!
The quote Paul refers to about trip across Mongolia

Back