• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello from Chicagoland

jaygopinathan

JayTheDreamer
Hello all, my name is Jay and I am from Chicagoland. I have been riding for 20+ years but I have just booked my first ever BMW, a 2022 S1000XR M Sport Low. She is being built now ( Dealer status says 150 [Yr/Mo/Wk] Conf. Prod.: 2022/03/09), waiting eagerly. Also just joined the MOA. Thanks for letting me in, hope to meet some of you in near future.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!
Nice to hear of an addition to the hot liter bike family.
Careful when you grab a handful. :burnout
Gary

Welcome Jay! What was your previous bike? Hopefully, you will share a pic or two with us when the bike arrives.

Thank you all for the welcomes!

langoptc, I had a break from riding, for almost 5 years now due to some personal circumstances. Before that I have owned and ridden mostly naked / roadster type bikes (Triumph twins, bonnys, enfields etc). I have ridden some inline 4s / sporty ones for brief periods but never for long, neither owned them. However the young biker in me always loved them and wanted to own and ride one, at least for few years before I retire and settle back to a classic or a smaller bike. So, this is a new adventure and territory for me though the experienced and still younger biker in me is sure I would manage and enjoy this change. Anyway what fun is there if I never change and try new things?!
As an enthusiast and amateur photographer myself, you could definitely expect pictures coming as soon as she joins me!

Welcome from central Florida. Got my start on Triumphs a long long time ago. Enjoy that new ride.

Jay,

Welcome from another BMW rider in the Chicago area. You might consider joining the local Chicago BMW Club, Chicago Region BMW Owners Association, one of the oldest BMW MOA chartered clubs. We have monthly meetings (one this Thursday, open to non members) as well as weekly rides, club activities, dealer events and plenty of in person and online social events.

https://www.crbmw.com/ Website

https://www.facebook.com/groups/crbmw Facebook Group

Thank you all for the welcomes.

bicyclenut, thanks for those links! Just joined the FB group for now. Will look into the other and possibly meet some of you when my bike arrives!

Welcome to the forum!
Nice to hear of an addition to the hot liter bike family.
Careful when you grab a handful. :burnout
Gary

Like Yeah; What he said, Jay!

You’re about to embark on an entirely new & awesome ADVenture {of this I am certain}!

Additional Training from some professional coaches might be a splendid Investment in your Longevity...
I recommend these guys as to what’s out there: http://www.stayinsafe.com
Then just look for something that suits U closer to ChicagoLand... :brow

Spring is just around the corner; we want U to safely enjoy your summer ADVentures on such a capable M/C! :thumb

Perhaps you’ll Jaunt your way to the June International MOA Rally: << https://rally.bmwmoa.org >>

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —-&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 650GS-twin — '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L

Back