• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Headlight for 1976 BMW R75/6

jcmattin

Hello and thanks for letting me join. I have a 1976 R75/6 that was stored away for years. Anyway, it has the headlight shell and all of the wiring, but no headlight, chrome ring, or glass. The replacements seem a little expensive for a headlight, so I was wondering if there were any other options. I will spend the dough if I have to, but thought I would ask about options. As a side note: this is my first BMW bike, and I love it.
Joe

Welcome Joe! Pretty good Airhead to get right out of the gate!

Check the link in my signature line. There is a used parts section...check with some of them and see if there's a used option for you. Check re-psycle, Airhead Salvage, beemerboneyard, maybe Stoner's Beemer stash. See if you can find something that way.

Thanks guys. I will check out those resources. The bike is an interesting story. A friend and I bought an abandoned storage unit full of old bikes. The R75 was one of them. It had likely been in there for many, many years. Anyway, I brought it home and decided to just get it running and ride it to see if I liked it. I have no previous experience with BMW, and currently own and ride several old British bikes. Long story short, I got it running and now I love it! It is a cosmetic mess, but runs like a sewing machine. I have begun to procure parts to get it back to decent. I plan on taking it for a long road trip this summer once I get it safe and sorted. I welcome any and all suggestions on things to look for on a bike that has been sitting for a long time. I have already 1. Rebuilt the carbs 2. new fuel lines and all of the bits associated 3. new points and condenser 4. timed the bike statically and then with a light 5. new battery. The bike starts right up and once warm, idles at about 1000RPM very nicely. I have to re state how much I love this machine. It's just a different animal from the Triumphs I am used to. Thanks again for the help.
Joe

Rolands airhead salvage

Roland Robataille in New Hampshire is an excellent source for used airhead parts. His photo Gallery was recently lost from Photo time but he is still in business rrobit2002@yahoo.com . Send him an E-Mail with your needs.

Back