• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Greetings from California Central Coast!

tangoalpha

Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking around for the past month or so, reading posts and getting more familiar with this forum. Long story short about me, I've been riding 30+ years....after awhile you just stop counting the years or caring enough to keep track. I'm sure many of you can relate. :) I've owned many different brands of bikes over the years, and at different points in my life I've had a few bikes in the garage at any given time. At this stage in my life, I've recently downsized my garage, sold my home in SoCal and moved up the Central Coast, near San Luis Obispo. Lots of great riding up here in the central to northern part of the state. Anyway, my current bike is a meticulously maintained '02 R1150RT that I picked up after moving to the area. The previous owner is a Dentist who pampered the bike and took excellent care of it during his ownership. Like myself, he too was downsizing and actually owned two of the exact same bike (same year, model and color), along with a few other bikes in his stable. I just happened to be at the right place at the right time, when he decided to sell it. The bike had a fresh service, new clutch, and input shaft lube service done. I picked it up at a great price....so good in fact, I couldn't walk away. I've been very happy with it and it is by far the nicest "used bike" I've ever owned. The bike truly looks showroom new and has only 21,000 miles on the odometer. I love touring, so that is something that I will rectify soon.

Looking forward to chatting and getting to know you folks, and if any of you are from the Central Coast, send me a PM. I'm always interested in meeting new people and going for a ride.
fullsizeoutput_5677.jpg

Tango Alpha

Attachments

• IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Welcome! You don't look old enough to be riding 30+ years!! Guess all that riding keeps us young!! I have been scanning some of my old slides and came across some from a trip I took coming down PCH and stopped at the small shop Sebastian's in San Simeon. You probably know it well!

Welcome! You don't look old enough to be riding 30+ years!! Guess all that riding keeps us young!! I have been scanning some of my old slides and came across some from a trip I took coming down PCH and stopped at the small shop Sebastian's in San Simeon. You probably know it well!
Ha! Ha! You're too kind! I used to have a beard which I was quite content with for many years, that is until it started turning mostly gray. Now I'm clean shaven and wear my hair shorter than ever in my life. 50 is right around the corner so I'm holding tightly to the vestiges of my youth. So I guess a lot more riding is in my future. :)

Sebastian's in San Simeon is still there and has a long history, dating back to the 1800's if you can believe that. The photos I posted were taken off Hwy 46, near Cambria which is not too far from San Simeon, just off the 101. Spectacular ocean views, as I'm sure you probably remember.

I noticed you're from San Antonio. I used to live there, in Larkspur estates area in the 90's, before moving to Houston, then eventually back to CA.

Back