• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Global Drive times- AKA sitting in traffic.

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
In the Northeast, especially along route 95, the traffic is bad. It's tough to get around if you are trying to judge any travel times.

Ran across this "Global Traffic Scorecard" from INRIX. https://inrix.com/scorecard/

I'm not exactly sure how, why or who this information benefits but yeah, going to Boston can sure be challenging.

Boston is scoring great.....Just behind Paris and just ahead of Bogota :hungover

If you are going to give it a try-

1c0f6ce986854753a0e788b96bd801f6.jpg

remember, "We are number 4"!

OM

I think living where one needs to commute in a city such as Boston, Chicago or the like would make for a very poor quality of life. I know it would for me. I understand that often people have no choice and I am very thankful that I live where a traffic jam is unheard of.

I think living where one needs to commute in a city such as Boston, Chicago or the like would make for a very poor quality of life.

You left out Atlanta, which is traffic hell. If you lived OP (outside the Perimeter) and you worked IP, that meant at least two hours of your life spent in creep-and-beep every day.

The best thing that ever happened to me was broadband Internet access. That let us end our office lease and work from home… not only business casual every day, but no commute. This was particularly useful wrt our clients in the EU and the West Coast… far fewer long airplane rides.

Now, as I thread my way through stopped traffic in horribly choked EU cities, I thank the good Lord for legal lane-sharing and the common courtesy of EU drivers (most times).

Hopefully, EVs will ramp up quickly in EU because there aren’t many now, probably the most obvious place for adoption.

I think living where one needs to commute in a city such as Boston, Chicago or the like would make for a very poor quality of life. .

I agree. There's no way I could do it.
I know Debbie couldn't. She would get irritated if she hit both red lights on her 2 mile commute :)

Try route 3 south out of Braintree on a Friday afternoon heading to the cape in the summer.

I didn't find 95 all that bad with heavy traffic compared to the drive home on Fridays to the south shore

Back