• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Fire in the hole(s)

brant914

1971 R75/5
First time the bike has run in 26 years according to the registration tag

and a FULL restoration: paint, frame, pinstriping, top end, rebuilt tranny and clutch, etc, etc, etc......
by me which started on Christmas day 2017

so 4 years, 6 months, and 22 days later...
it just started for my first time ever.....
won't idle yet... but I've got an appointment next week with a local carb Guru who goes by Radar

a long time coming, but getting close now!
thumbnail_IMG_1224.jpg

Good news! Be sure to come up with a plan to break the engine in so you have a good running engine for the long haul.

Terrific

That is a very nice restoration job you have done. I hope it will run as good as it looks and you get a lot of miles out of it. St.

Doesn't look like the bike has many miles, but Bing International rebuilds these carbs the right way. Worth the investment!

Nice motorcycle!

I would reroute the R hand switch control harness below the front brake cable.

good catch.
something to work on.
I had it that way the first time.
but then changed it when I pulled the front again
need to put it back
thanks
brant

Fire in the Hole

:clap....Outstanding!!! Take two ATTA BOYS out of petty cash, you deserve it. I love it when a plan comes together.
Have a great ride.
Dan'l

Lookin good there, Brant in CO!

Hope U can work out the finer details; that’s one pretty /5 ya got there.

Just got the R100CS back on the road this afternoon and out of the garage as a lengthy Hanger Queen!

We’re headed to Nashville in 2 weeks to see what’s up with the Music City Moto Weekend. ;) We’ll see how things go...

Enjoy your Backroads out yonder in God’s Country.

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 650GS-twin —- '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——-— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS ——— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Back