• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Cold Rainy Day Ride

rinkydink

It was a crappy day but I took her out for a well deserved jaunt anyway. Overcast, misty, and cool, but there’s something about riding a 46 year old motorcycle with all of it’s farm implement idiosyncrasies that soothes one’s soul. It was 6°F last weekend. We don’t need no stinking horsepower…or brakes!��1778D3A1-A2B4-4D2C-B4E4-B0390409D82F.jpeg

Last edited:
Green eyed

I am smitten by the green eyed monster of envy. LOL, first, I bet even if it is wet in Arkansas, most likely you don't have the road salt added to the roads to melt ice we have here in NY. So, you bike will stay looking pretty for a lot longer than mine do when riding this time of the year.

Second, I am still recovering from my October accident or I would be riding this time of the year.

LOL, enjoy the riding, any time of the year it is good. Thanks for sharing even if it does make me jealous. St.

Yesterday I rode in 68f weather and salt dust, but the dust will hose off. One week ago -14f and high winds! Glad you had the classic out for fresh air. Good gear makes for winter rides! Happy New Year.

Got out on the 28th with my son. He was on his SV650, I was on the RS. We swapped bikes for a bit. Getting one's feet on the Suzuki rearsets in winter gear is not a trivial thing!

That was a wee break in the weather. Otherwise we've been in a steady run of rain in the valley and snow in the mountains. We most definitely didn't get out on our favorite roads. Maybe in April.

Back