• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Motorrad USA 2024 Model Year Update.

Interesting press release. BMW is adding their Intelligent Emergency Call Feature to many 2024 models. No mention of a 1300cc engine in their GS lineup.
https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/usa/...EN_US/bmw-motorrad-usa-2024-model-year-update

No mention of the regular GS, just the adventure, so that leaves an opening for further updates or changes.

And the options package for the R1250R shows cruise and TPMS removed from the package and TPMS available as a regular option. Does this mean cruise is NA on the R, or that it’s now standard??

Best,
DeVern

No mention of the regular GS, just the adventure, so that leaves an opening for further updates or changes.

As much as the Adventure seems to be the one that everybody wants, I wouldn't be surprised if the regular GS has been dropped.

As much as the Adventure seems to be the one that everybody wants, I wouldn't be surprised if the regular GS has been dropped.

That won't happen. Most likely it will become the R1300GS and the adventure will move up to 1300cc next year.

BMW has already issued a press release, announcing that the next generation GS (a 1300) will be introduced in Berlin on September 28th. You can watch the unveiling online through their social media channels. The 1250 GS Adventure will be staying around for at least one more model year, as BMW has already announced a colour change (for the Rallye version) for MY 2024.

See press release here (scroll down a few paragraphs):

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/glob...celebrates-one-millionth-gs-with-boxer-engine

Prices increased

2023 RS ..... Same exact configuration for 2024 is $1300 more! That difference is the cost of the panniers for my 23. The new 2024 prices may be a great selling incentive for 2023 leftovers!

2023 RS ..... Same exact configuration for 2024 is $1300 more! That difference is the cost of the panniers for my 23. The new 2024 prices may be a great selling incentive for 2023 leftovers!

I had not noticed the price difference.
I built a 2024 RS Sport the same as my 2022 RS Sport and the 2024 listed $1,920 more than my 2022.

Welcome to the forum.

The call feature is a good move, but I’m guessing it will likely be subscription based like OnStar. I wonder how it will compare both functionally and cost wise to an Apple Watch (cell) or a Spot tracker (satellite).

Or your later model Apple phone. It'll also detect falls.

Back