• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Announces New R1250GS & Adventure for 2021

The special edition is my least favorite color scheme unfortunately. I'm looking forward to the 100th anniversary models when they come out.

The adaptive headlights are interesting. I hope they work well. I keep thinking I eventually want to end up on an R1250GSA, but I'm biding my time...

The adaptive headlights are interesting....

Looks like a similar setup to the lights on the K1600.
I have not heard of any problems but it sure looks complex. Hate to see what the replacement cost is.
A Pheasant strike might total the bike.

Looks like a similar setup to the lights on the K1600.
I have not heard of any problems but it sure looks complex. Hate to see what the replacement cost is.
A Pheasant strike might total the bike.
Similar in function to the K1600 light but different implementation. The K1600 uses a moving mirror to direct the light; the bulb actually projects the light UP, the mirror steers it where it needs to be. The video just shows the up/down movement, not the left/right - I wonder if the entire "guts" swivel. Yes, a bird strike could be really expensive. Why not just go with the KTM solution, additional fixed lights that progressively illuminate as lean angle increases?

Can't say I'm a fan of the new rear turn signals though, maybe I'm alone in this but I'm totally unable to see a blinking amber light surrounded by a red light - all I see is the red. Doesn't matter if the red is "tail light" or "brake light" brightness. Ford explorers from a couple of years ago come to mind. I know the rest of the world seems to think amber is more visible than red.

Looks like the heated seat & grips require a descent into the menu system. I like single-function buttons, one reason I got a 2020 leftover car was because the 2021s were going to replace buttons with a touchscreen interface.

Had I known this, would I have held on to my 2016 (which would have had about 165K by now) instead of getting a 2020? Probably, because I like cool stuff like this. Will I trade? No. I don't ride at night so the trick headlight won't do anything for me, and I've not been pining for a heated seat.

Why not just go with the KTM solution, additional fixed lights that progressively illuminate as lean angle increases?

I would prefer the KTM solution.
Like you I would prefer a switch for the heated grips and seat.

So in traditional German practice, it’s not a new bike.

That would mean chassis and drivetrain and this is the same bike as before with some new electronics and lighting.

Still, it’s cool and “new” enough to attract buyers and keep the model going.

Back