• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2022 R1250GS Wheel Color?

K1300Ser

All;

I have ordered a new 2022 R1250 GSA in Rallye color (white with red and blue accents) and, as silly as this may seem, just cannot decide on wheel color. So then, what’s your favorite look on the Rallye color scheme? Black Wheels or the Gold? I must change my mind twice a day at least.

I am told the GSA wiring harnesses come from the Ukraine so this may turn out to be a 2023 model.

Sorry for bothering with the trivial.

EDIT: Also, for anyone interested, my 3000 mile 2015 K1300S Motorsports has been listed in the BMW MOA marketplace under Sport Touring.

Thanks

Last edited:
Being overly pragmatic, I think I would go with what I could keep looking good the easiest- maintenance wise.
OM

My 2018 R1200GS Rallye came with the black wheels. They have a satin/matte finish on them, but they are always dirty, muddy or dusty (depending on the weather) anyway. I have seen the Rallye with the gold rims, but I thought it looked sort of flashy.

We have gloss black wheels on our RSs and they start to look dusty after 100 feet :)

Hi Lee! I remember you from I-BMW. Still mourning the loss of that database of K1300S knowledge.

Anyway, the gloss black looks great in the showroom but, as you said, they get dusty 100 feet later. I don’t know. I like the gold indoors but in the sun they sometimes look like yellow wheels a 12 year old put on his Schwinn Stingray.

My 2018 R1200GS Rallye came with the black wheels. They have a satin/matte finish on them, but they are always dirty, muddy or dusty (depending on the weather) anyway. I have seen the Rallye with the gold rims, but I thought it looked sort of flashy.

That’s what I am thinking as well. Still stuck with no decision. I have Black ordered…..might change them. Might not. Ha ha

Hi Lee! I remember you from I-BMW. Still mourning the loss of that database of K1300S knowledge.

Anyway, the gloss black looks great in the showroom but, as you said, they get dusty 100 feet later. I don’t know. I like the gold indoors but in the sun they sometimes look like yellow wheels a 12 year old put on his Schwinn Stingray.

Yep, that's me. A lot of good info was lost when Vic shut it down without giving the other owners a change to continue on.
I also lost a lot of pictures store on the site.

I went back and forth on gold vs black wheels on '22 GSA Rally order. Downloaded every pic I could find of each into an album and looked at them every day for a couple of weeks - LOL.

Went with black - bike is on a truck to the dealer from NJ and should get delivered to me this week.

My reasons: Lighter color wheels get dirty faster and I'm lazy about cleaning. And more importantly to me, when looking at the bikes with gold wheels, my eyes are drawn too quickly to the wheels, and I've never liked bikes where one aspect drew your attention away from an overall balanced design and look - YMMV.

I'm also going to replace the white hand guards with black Barkbusters for that reason.

Good luck with your decision - both look great on Rally!

I went back and forth on gold vs black wheels on '22 GSA Rally order. Downloaded every pic I could find of each into an album and looked at them every day for a couple of weeks - LOL.

Went with black - bike is on a truck to the dealer from NJ and should get delivered to me this week.

My reasons: Lighter color wheels get dirty faster and I'm lazy about cleaning. And more importantly to me, when looking at the bikes with gold wheels, my eyes are drawn too quickly to the wheels, and I've never liked bikes where one aspect drew your attention away from an overall balanced design and look - YMMV.

I'm also going to replace the white hand guards with black Barkbusters for that reason.

Good luck with your decision - both look great on Rally!

Hey! Thank you. I have done the very same thing. Kids say GOLD! Wife says……meh….BLACK. And on and on. Anything black that I have owned gets dirty looking 15 minutes after you wash it. But, I agree with you on the Gold. Very exciting you are getting the bike. They have no idea when the next batch is being built and if its not in production by end of May, I am cutting bait on the GSA for this year. It will then be a 2023 or even later if they introduce a new GSA in 2023. I’m not paying all that money to test bikes for BMW.

Back