• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1983 R100 Conversion to Cafe Racer

robbie9999

Hi Lads,

So it begins, another cafe racer build, picked this up for 4k sold 2600 in parts off it so far, and ordered all the bits and bobs needed to build, I have stripped the bike down, but it takes a boy to strip it a man to build it, found a great guy hour away
who will help build to specs Added some pics will update as the build progresses. Some pics below

Parts ordered

Hagon Shocks
Motogadget - soft grips
Motogadget - side blinkers
Bitwell Solo Seat 2
M Unit Blue control module
black clip ons
Slash 2 headlight bezel with custom gauge
Shinko white wall tires
Shorty black mufflers
Led strip light for seat

More to come .... Build start is late April.

Looking for cool idea for gas gauge in anyone has one let me know or see one please ... .

Attachments

• cafe 2.jpg
    cafe 2.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 170
  • cafe 5.jpg
    cafe 5.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 168
  • cafe 4.jpg
    cafe 4.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 173
Cafe Racer Build

More Pics of ideas for the build

Attachments

• cafe 3.jpg
    cafe 3.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 169
  • Speedo 2.jpg
    Speedo 2.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 169
Good luck with the build.
Would like to know about a gas gauge for an Airhead myself.
My first car was a '55 Bug, it had a reserve not a gauge.
Airheads with 2 "good" fuel petcocks have 3 reserves.
Airheads with 2 "bad" fuel petcocks have ZERO reserves.

Signed
Empty on the 405 (At LAX) :banghead

1983 Cafe Racer Build

Yes I used a scan design of the original slash 2 speedo and got it printed in vinyl. Looks sharp

New petcocks are pretty cheap and, uh, accurate, particularly when combined with a working trip odometer.

+1 and the failure rate is "0". Nothing cleaner ... than nothing.

I used a scan design of the original slash 2 speedo and got it printed in vinyl.

It gets pretty hot under that speedo glass, with any luck it won't unpeel itself...

cafe racer build

Does anyone know what tank this bike has on it ? Its not the 77-84 airhead original gas tank ...

Attachments

• Concept Bike.jpg
    Concept Bike.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 70
Back