• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

r1150r

1. T

2004 R1150R - ABS Rework Part?

This bike is new to me. The bike has the ABS system removed including the wiring harness. But there is a mystery part installed just forward of the battery that I discovered when changing the battery. There are only 2 wires connected to this electrical part. There are (2) wiring pigtails that...
  2. C

Rough running engine? Remember to check your coil connections.

Several weeks ago I bought a very clean 2004 R1150R with 19k miles on it. On my test ride, it ran a bit rough but after inspecting the bike and feeling comfortable it was in great condition, I figured I'd be able to chase the problem down in short measure. Well, I'm embarrassed to say that...
  3. D

R1150R Turns Over, No Start

My bike has sat for about 2 months since I last started it. 02 R1150R 24k on the odometer It is up on the center stand (side stand is up) and it has sat on a Battery Tender Jr for about 3 months or more (showing green) It is garaged at all times and not left out in the weather. I went out to...
  4. W

R1150R tires, again!

Ok, im looking for tires for my low mile R1150R. I know this has been brought up in the past, but with so so many choices ranging from $400 perellis to $150 shinkos im a little overwelmed. Michelin's website recomends 2ct's. Any current suggestions? I ride mostly locally on Long Island, so...
  5. T

New rattling and whining noise that has me worried

This is my first post so forgive me if I'm writing in the wrong place. I have a 2004 r1150r rockster with about 50,000 miles, whereas I bought it last year with 42,000. I just recently put a new bmw factory gel battery, and a new similiar but newer made starter that matches the one on it to a t...
  6. S

02 R1150R intermittent rear ABS fault

I am hoping someone can help shed some light on this intermittent and annoying problem. I have recently started to experience a problem with my rear ABS circuit. Only after parking it for a day at my work on a fairly steep incline on it's centerstand, i go to leave for the day, start the bike...
  7. Ctrod

05 R 1150 R won't start.

I have an 2005 R1150R with about 42,000 miles that I just serviced. Gas tank off to change the battery, all new fluids and air filter. I checked the valves which were fine and I didn't touch and changed the alternate belt. I put the bike back together and took it for a test ride, about 10...
  8. D

SW-Motech Racks for R1150R part needed

Hello, I'm a new member of the BMWMOA, although I've been riding BMWs for about twenty years and riding motorcycles for over forty years. I'm one of those guys (perhaps like yourself?) who does most of my own mechanical work, and doesn't like to waste (that means spend) money. A couple of years...
  9. T

My 01 R1150R?s start problem has been bothering me for a long time

Hi there My 01 R1150R?s start problem has been bothering me for a long time. It starts extremely well when engine is hot. However, when cold start, I have to push the start button at least 4~5 times (use fast idle lever every time, no wear in cable). The starter (2 year old) works well...
  10. A

Time for brake caliper overhaul/rebuild? ('04 R1150R)

Hello all! Figured I'd check my pads before flushing my fluids, and noticed that the inside pads are worn slightly more (maybe 1mm) more than the outboard pads on both front brakes. Outside pads are at about 4mm and inside pads are at about 3mm. I've had no braking problems, but do...
  11. 1

Final Drive Boot Fire

My '02 R1150r final drive boot caught fire on Saturday. It appears that the boot was trying to occupy the same space as the brake-disc. The boot is not clear back against the shoulder at the rear-end. Could this have deformed the boot enough to rub, and catch fire? I recently had an...
  12. J

New to me low mileage R150R

I just bought a 2002 R1150RA with only 4000 miles from the original owner. He said it was always stored inside and was not ridden in the rain. On the surface, everything looks just about perfect. The original Michelin tires still have a lot of tread and show no signs of checking. It's even...
Back