• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

fuel

1. R

2007 R1200 GSA no-start - fuel related diagnosis help needed (long)

SOLVED - Took a while but I replaced the in tank fuel pump with a new Bosch pump and replaced the fuel pressure regulator with a new OEM unit. Took a while to find the correct 100 psi submersible fule line for in tank use to plumb in the new pump - could not find a replacement flexihose with...
  2. D

2003 r1200c Fuel line replacement?

I'm needing to replace my left hand side fuel line that connects to the injector. It has a pin hole in it spraying gas. Does anyone know of a place that sells that line, or how I go about replacing the line all together? Thank you!
  3. J

2005 R1200ST - Fuel "Reserve"

Well I guess I pushed it too far. First tank on this bike, so I wanted to see the "reserve" light and "mile to go" indicator. The flag came on, said I had 42 miles to go and sill had three bars on the fuel gauge. The bike immediately ran out of fuel, luckily a friend was able to help. I...
  4. B

Booster Plug - Early Impressions

I received my Booster Plug over the weekend and installed it on Sat. The unit is dirt simple to install and I was able to run the temperature sensor lead along the right side of the battery and to the front of the cowling with a wire fish. No side panel or cowling removal needed. While the...
  5. chrisb

93 R100R intermittent power loss on long trips

I am experiencing a long-standing intermittent problem on my '93 R100R. I finally am concerned enough to dive into this as time permits, and I'd appreciate any suggestions for possible causes and potential resolutions. The problem I'm having only seems to exhibit itself during long trips...
  6. A

K12RS Rust / Scale at Gas Fill :

HELP! Just went to fill my new to me K12RS for the first time and found rust / scale in the ring around the gas fill. YEECCHHH ! How do I address this? Is it common? Does it indicate other / future problems? Fuel system issues? Thanks Much ! Tony:banghead
  7. stanley83

Carb Issues

'76 R75/6 Bike starts up fine and runs well for a while then starts to bog. I have determined that the left cylinder is cutting out. Pulling on the left throttle cable does nothing when in this condition. I noticed, at one point, that fuel was dripping from the left carb. I popped the...
  8. J

'86 K75C tank range?

Howdy. My '86 K75C goes about 100 miles before the low gas warning light comes on. I get about 40 mpg so this means each time I put about 2.5 gallons. The manual states that the tank holds 5.6 gal. Additionally according to the owners manual the light comes on with 1.3 gals left in the tank...
Back