• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

r1150gs

1. 4

Adventure shocks on a 2002 R1150GS

So I bought a 2002 R1150GS with a set of lightly used Progressive 465/435s that are too high for my taste (adventure height?). Any ideas on how to swap over to stock size shocks without losing too much money?
  2. G

Wire Harness worries

Hi Folks I am new (very new) to the world of BMWs. i have owned bikes for a long time, but after riding a 2000 R1150GS in Argentina, I fell in love and got me a 2003 R1150GS here in Colorado. The bike has 23000 miles. The reason for reaching out is to ask if anybody has repaired of replaced the...
  3. M

'01 R1150GS 2nd to 3rd shifting problem

Having occasional problems with 2nd to 3rd shifts. Can't seem to find a pattern to it. Drive for days with no problem, then will have it reappear 5-6 times within 100 miles. It won't go from 2 to 3, but if I down shift to first, then back up MOST of the time it works... but not all the time. I...
  4. J

Michigan - great loop along Lake Michigan, Lake Superior and into Wisconsin

I recently had the chance to take a few days for a ride along the west coast of Michigan's lower peninsula, then across the U.P. and down through Wisconsin and finally a ferry ride back to West Michigan. My bike is a 2001 R1150GS, and was a perfect match for the roads ahead. Starting off in...
  5. J

2001 R1150 GS - Clutch / Transmission Failure at 14,500 miles

Today I headed out for a ride on a beautiful day in Michigan - one of few we've had this spring. I had the 6,000 interval service completed at my local BMW dealership at about 13,500 miles in March. Check oil every time I ride, and at every fill up - no issues with burning oil or leakage...
  6. cafecubano

R1150GS Replaced the clutch now she won't start and floods fuel into the exhaust.

So I decided to take on the challenge of changing the clutch on my 2000 R1150GS with 113K. The process took me and a friend the better part of three days. When the moment of truth came to turn the bike on, the engine cranks, just fine, but won't start. Tried four times (being very aggressive...
  7. M

R1150GS Oil Cooler Access

While washing my 2001 GS the other day (look, I only do it once or twice a year) I noticed the oil cooler was loose in the housing. I believe it is supposed to be attached with rubber grommets, and definitely should not have the movement this one has. I've never had it apart, but purchased...
  8. B

Missoula, MT to Glasgow, KY

I flew to Missoula to pick up my 2001 R1150GS last Sunday, 27feb2011. I am staying in Hays, KS tonight, Wednesday, 02mar2011 and hope to make it home tomorrow if weather permits, passing through MO, IL, IN & KY. It has been very cold and windy. My speedometer did weird things at 15 degrees but...
Back