• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

fuel tank

1. M

Breather Hose Installation 2009 R1200RT

I am re-installing the fuel tank and am not sure if the end of the breather hose is attached to something or if it just hangs down? One end is attached to the tank, the other end looks like it was attached to something, but maybe not. Can anyone help me out? Thanks Mark mathison216@icloud.com
  2. D

Leaking fuel tank

Next dilemma: 1967 R60/2. The fuel tank has the tiniest leak. So far I have not found the exact location. I've mounted the tank, full of fuel, an inch above a flat table with clean cardboard under the tank. Over night I get a spot of fuel under the left front of the tank. I'm guessing the...
  3. B

04 R1150RT Fuel Tank

Spring project ... new internal fuel lines, new fuel pump / sock, new fuel filter and new a gaskets all around. Everything going well. Internal tubing was original and seemed to be in better shape than I anticipated it would be. Anyway, changed it out since it was ~12 yrs old. New pump...
  4. M

Winter wrenching plans - n0obie with an '83 R100

Since surgery and the weather are about to lay me/the bike up for the winter here in Northern MN, I'm trying to figure out how to prep for the work I likely have ahead of me. From reading other winterizing threads, I know that I need to get out tomorrow and do a warm-up run so I can do one last...
  5. S

1992 K75 Fuel Tank

Got the classic leaker. Can anyone describe to me the difference between the RT & other K75 tanks, an how this particular model differs from the K100's tank. As I search and find these tanks I note some tanks "from what I'm told by seller" only fit certain models. It surely wouldn't work out to...
Back