• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

centerstand

1. mcmlcccvrs

1985 K100RS refinishing center and side stands.

So I put the bike up on the Kendon lift on Saturday and decided to strip and refinish my side and center stands-3 hours of my life I won't get back. Thoughts on whether I should have another buttress welded to the center stand? I don't weld and don't know anyone that does so it would be off to a...
  2. W

Center stand blues

I own a 2012 K 1600 GTl. By in large, I love the bike...........EXCEPT WHEN TRYING TO GET IT'S FAT A** ON THE CENTERSTAND. i AM 6'2" AND 230 LBS BUT i HAVE GIVEN UP TRYING TO GET IT ON THE CENTERSTAND AFTER NUMEROUS ATTEMPTS ALMOSE ENDED IN ME DROPPING THE BIKE. Any help/advice would be MUCH...
  3. D

Centerstand footbar w lowered pegs

1st time posting so bear with me: I became the owner of a 2004 R1150R this past summer and have loved the new bike, better power, better braking. I did unfortunately however have to part with my beloved '78 R100/7 due to garage space primarily. Now I am faced with the somewhat onerous task of...
  4. R

F850GSA with Low Suspension, Center Stand?

I just got my 850GSA with low suspension and found out that BMW does not support a center stand on my bike. Does anyone know of a work around for this? Either after market or some mod.
  5. R

New Owner, Problem with centerstand

I bought a 2013 G650GS a few days ago and am having trouble getting the bike onto the centerstand. It's been about five years since I last rode. The last bike I had was a 1992 K75RT. I had no problem lifting it, it did help that it had a lifting handle. The bike was bought from a KTM dealer...
  6. O

'02 K1200LT Centerstand challenge

I'm new to the Forum and after many years of not riding, finally bought my dream bike, a 2002 K1200 LT. I've owned several bikes and my last Beemer was a R1100RT, which I absolutely loved. But...after getting the "new" bike home, I went to place the bike on the centerstand and...no way! I tried...
  7. jagarra

Shortening the center stand

I bought another set of Wilbers for my RS, this time they are the -30mm models. I bought another set of stands to shorten as I wanted to keep a set of stock lengths and am in the process of shortening the side and center stand. . My question is to the riders that have shortened their center...
  8. C172MyP51

Anyone replace the CENTER STAND on a Hexhead R1200RT?

Another rider noticed that my (steel) center stand was making contact with the (aluminum) final drive housing, and leaving about a 1/16" dent in it. I knew my center stand was bent, but didn't realize it could do any harm. I've purchased a replacement center stand, and was wondering if anyone...
  9. wvpc

Centerstand spring install 012 RT

I've searched the forum with not alot of results so here goes. I recently lowered my RT with a new shorter set of shocks. Got the lowered sidestand on OK. Got the lowered centerstand on OK but....I cant get the darn centerstand spring back on. I have the cheapy Harbor Freight spring puller...
  10. M

center stand spring

I just changed my center stand with a shorter one, bike, 2008 1200RT, was lowered. The lubricant was dry so I used waterproof grease. The problem is how to reapply the spring? Ideas.
  11. tishgold

Linkage bracket and spring for R90/6 stock center stand

Fellow Airheads! I am really proud of my recent efforts in removing the OEM side stand from my '76 R90/6 and replacing it with a Brown side stand. All's good so far....the rub is that in removing the stock stand, I had to, of course, push the front through bolt in enough to remove the stand...
  12. S

centerstand replacement

I finally got around to replacing the ageing Reynolds ride off stand on my /5 with a new BMW centerstand. I've never messed with the stand before. I'm trying to put the new bushings into the new centerstand and they're really tight. I can't press them in by hand. Is this normal? I was...
Back