• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

idle

1. L

'96 1100 GS Grinding at Idle

So I'm riding my bike back from the dealer after a Hall sensor replacement and I hear this grinding noise--like what you would hear if someone was crunching the gears while shifting a manual trans car. I pull in the clutch but the noise doesn't go away. I pull off the road and stop the motor...
  2. grover1949

R65 High Idle After Backfire

A few days ago, my '83 R65 backfired twice through the right carb while I was trying to start it. I added more choke and it fired and ran nicely... except: Now, after about 20-30 minutes of riding, when the engine is hot, it doesn't want to settle down to a regular idle. If I am slowing or...
  3. amtoro

Fuel delivery system and surging/buckling

Fuel delivery system and surging/bucking For months, I had been experiencing one of the most annoying surging conditions on my '04 R1150RT; with the help of some of our chartered club members, we did a conscious valve adjustment, changed the fuel filter and TBS with little to no improvement. A...
  4. 3

Bike dying clutch pulled in at stop.

Just had the bike worked on for valve cover gasket leak. While in there had the valves checked -- were not out of spec according to dealer. Also they changed the plugs. I'm riding the bike and it dies going into a rest stop after downshifting to second gear. Also has continued to die when...
  5. happy wanderer

Idle Regulating Valve (IRV) Question

Sorry for double posting. I have asked this question in another very long and old thread (Surging = Needs Service) but thought maybe someone out there would recognize this particular issue. My '96 R1100RT has an IRV, no O2 sensor and no CCP from the factory. I read kenk's old post (A BMW Fix to...
Back