• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

seat

1. A

Searching for welding/fabrication in DC/MVA area

Hello, I have a 86 K100 that needs a small part fabricated/welded. It is the post that the seat hardware attaches to on the right side of the frame. I'm struggling to describe it -- like a bolt basically, that sticks out parallel to the frame that the seat connects to and hinges on for...
  2. T

Trade LOW seat for HIGH seat for the G650GS?

Hello, I have the stock seat for a 2015 g650gs, mint condition. It is too low for me. Anyone want to trade for a HIGH seat that would fit the g650gs?
  3. J

2009 R1200RT seat replacement recommendations

I'm in day three of my first cross country trip on my 2009 R1200RT after I bought it in June and have already decided to find a better seat. I love the bike but not the seat! -- I have the stock seat in the upper position due to a 32" inseam and want to keep that height as the lower position...
  4. sullycuse

Convert Corbin Heated Seat connector to BMW Connector - 2007 K1200GT

Hello. I am purchasing a used heated Corbin seat that has barrel type connectors. I was wondering if anyone knows of a repair cable so I can convert the Corbin seat connector into the BMW Connector to plug right into the existing plug on the bike. I am sure I could spice in a couple of barrel...
  5. P

Getting scuff marks off of vinyl motorcycle seats

Hey Guys, Here is a link to a video I just posted on a way to get scuff marks off the seats. It doesn't requires no chemicals. I've tried a lot of things but this actually works. Below is the link: http://youtu.be/HpCDl01HECQ
  6. JRD

Connection from Corbin Canyon Seat to R1150 Fuse Panel

I need the fused wiring connector from a Corbin Canyon heated seat to the fuse panel of my BMW R1150R. Unbelievably, Corbin does not sell this part separately. Attached is are pics of the connector on the seat which is probably the same for all R1150 series bikes. I'm posting this on the chance...
  7. K

Need some boots that add an inch or two to my height

I just upgraded from an F800st to a new 2013 R1200GS. Even with the low suspension and low seat height, my feet still don't touch the ground all the way. I'm not on my tippy toes, I can get both balls of my feet on the ground. But would like a little more foot to touch the ground. Was thinking...
  8. dovfrankel

Stock '81 R100RT seat not latching properly

I've been having problems with my seat, but haven't been able to find any solutions yet. The closest I came to someone having my problem was this thread, which was with an aftermarket seat: http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?14067-Opening-stuck-seat-on-R100RT I'm the second owner of the...
  9. S

Denfeld breadloaf - help identifying

Hi, Looking for some help identifying the denfeld seat pictured below. Current owner says it is from a 51/3, and I would like to know if it will fit a /2 or R26. Also, if someone could give me an idea of what it might be worth, that would be great as well. Cheers, Scott
  10. K

Sargent Seat for the F650 Twin

I am seriously considering the "Sargent World Sport Performance" seat as a replacement to the stock seat on my 2011 F650GS. I have read numerous threads about seating choices and I understand that seats are one of those "individual fit" items. Some of the advantages I see with the Sargent: 1)...
  11. kurtnocal

After Market Seat

The time has come for my wife and I to upgrade our seats. She is acutally making a spread sheet for the task of selecting the new saddle. Looking for your experiences, thoughts and comments on what you like don't like about yours. Was the manufacturer pleasant to work with, value, comfort...
  12. B

Can I lower the seat on my '06 K1200LT?

I have seen discussions on lowering the K1200LT seats on the earlier models. Some modify the mounting system and grind down a bit of plastic, while others dig right under the vinyl and reshape their foam. My bike has heated seats, and I'm quite leery of mods that require cutting the vinyl...
  13. 1

Aftermarket seats for G650GS

Has anyone replaced the seat on their G650GS? I bought mine (2011) in the fall last year, and am finally getting into gear riding to work every day with it and boy, does my lower back hurt. Not kidneys but a spot right in the center of my lower back. Very painful when I get home from my ride so...
  14. S

1200GSA Bestest-Lowest After Market Seat

Can any one give me their first hand opinion on who makes the lowest and or best after market seat for the 2010, 1200 GS Adventure? Does anyone recommend the best place to order or buy such a seat? I do not live near a major US city. But will be traveling to the US next month. Thank you
  15. P

Saddle tear fix?

I am repairing tears in my r90/6 saddle and I'm looking for suggestions on what glue/vinyl repair to use. I took the cover off and plan to patch form the back, then reinstall. What do you think?
  16. S

SWB repro seat?

So, I decided to treat myself to a new seat for my '71 /5 and called Bob's BMW about the reproduction seats pictured in their catalog, only to find that they no longer carry them. I'm not real crazy about spending $500 on a factory seat. Does anyone know of anyplace else that sells repro seats...
Back