• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

r100s

1. M

Paint suggestions

Hi All, I'm thinking about re-painting my 77 R100RS. It's currently a naked bike. When I purchased it a few years ago it came w/o the fairing and painted the correct color for the year, but the paintjob is a bit home made. Looking for suggestions on color scheme and skilled painters...
  2. D

Starting problem on R100RS, also need shop manual

I recently obtained an immaculately restored 1977 R100rs (I've had 2 R90s's and an R100rs in the past so I'm quite familiar with these bikes) which runs beautifully but has a starter glitch. When I hit the starter button nothing happens--sometimes 6-8 times--and then it cranks as usual...
  3. W

Help with Airhead oil cooler installation - 77 R100S (w/RT fairing)

About 10 years back I bought an RT fairing and fellow gave me the complete oil cooler setup (as well as new style center grill (for better air flow), handlebars, cables, etc.). So now I'm finally getting around to bringing bike back to life and installing the cooler. When I look at the...
  4. B

Customizing a '76 R90/6

Hello, new member here. I have a '76 R90/6 that I am for the most part, happy with. I has about a bazillion miles (dead odometer/speedo). I also have a non running '77 R100S that is locked up, missing parts and in general, a parts bike. Question is: I would like to put the front forks...
  5. V

R100S Front Brake/Master Cylinder No Pressure

Hello I'm new to the forum and I have a few questions for you experts. My first question for you is related to a dual-disk front brake system. I just brought my friends 78' R100S home today and have been tinkering with various things and noticed the front brake lever has no pressure. I took...
  6. B

What to look for when evaluating a bike??

Hi all! Okay-- not presently a bmw owner- but am looking to become one asap! (especailly with the summer coming quickly!!) I'm looking at a couple of airheads and I thought I'd see if I could pick your brains regarding what to look for when evaluating an airhead-- I'm checking out a `77 R100S...
Back