• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

f650gs

1. X

2006 f650gs date of mfg 11/05

2006 f650gs engine noise Hello all! I recently purchased a used 2006 F650GS (date of mfg 11/05) from the original owner with 9,800 miles. I've now noticed and engine noise/knock. It could have been there previously as my test ride was very short. This occurs at 2500 through 3500 rpm, under...
  2. H

great roads in OK, KS and MO?

I'm heading from California out to Missouri and totally unfamiliar with anything east of New Mexico. Can you recommend some great back roads and quiet destinations generally near the 44? Thank you! Hana '07 F650GS
  3. J

Throttle position sensor

Greeting. New member with 2002 F650GS Dakar project bike (bought cheap, needs some work). I'm working my way through a problem I have researched quite a bit: the dreaded surge, stall, and a tachometer that goes to redline while then engine maintains constant speed. The current item on the...
  4. jeffryasmith

Looking for input. Adding a side car to an F650GS

I am considering adding a sidecar to my F650GS. Looking for advice from folks with experience running this type of rig.
  5. D

2005 F650 GS single won't start after replacing battery

Hello to all. I have a 2005 F650 GS single that won't start just after replacing a dead battery. The bike ran fine before the issue with the battery and hoping someone on the forum can help. Bike turns over fine, fuses checked out, there's fuel in the tank. Checked all the obvious things like...
  6. jaxteale

New member from Eastern Shore MD

Hi. Having looked and wanted a BMW single for many years I have finally convinced my children they are ready for the world outside. So off they go and leave me to restart my 2nd life with a younger F650GS :) First hurdle is MD inspection, ahhhh lots needed..(Dont worry, my wife is very...
  7. K

Sargent Seat for the F650 Twin

I am seriously considering the "Sargent World Sport Performance" seat as a replacement to the stock seat on my 2011 F650GS. I have read numerous threads about seating choices and I understand that seats are one of those "individual fit" items. Some of the advantages I see with the Sargent: 1)...
  8. R

New sprockets?

Hi guys, I'm looking to change my worn out 09 F650GS sprockets. Should I stick with stock size or go for something different? Looking for better overall performance (mileage). My options are below. FRONT SPROCKET SIZE 15T 16T 17T - Stock Size 18T REAR SPROCKET SIZE 41T - Stock Size 42T 43T...
  9. D

Time to change the battery?

I have a 2009 F650GS (twin) that I bought used. Total mileage is now 12,500. Lately my LED battery gauge seems to have dropped slightly when riding. For the last year it has shown one green LED (12V) with the second green (13V)flicking on and off at times. Now it has dropped one light to the...
  10. D

Crash Bars?

Looking at adding crashbars to my 2009 F650GS. Leaning toward the Wild at Heart crash bars http://f800depot.com/f650gs-08-items/protection/crash-bars/wildatheart-crashbars-f650-800gs.html or the Jessie guards from http://www.xplorermoto.com/accessories.html#f650guards I like the way they...
  11. R

F650 2005 oil in air chamber question

I just did the AGM battery upgrade on my '05GS, and pulled the air filter for a look into the "air chamber". Wow, I was surprised to see an oil film on everything and a small amount of oil lying in the bottom. Is this a wet chamber that purposely mixes air into the intake air? FYI: My bike at...
  12. R

Rear brake fluid has turned dark

ÔÇÖ09 F650GS owner question here. My rear brake fluid has turned (coffee) dark with less than 1100 miles. Should it be changed, or is it just to be expected? Yes, I use my rear break a lot, especially in close quarters for example in a parking lot or to hold my bike in place when IÔÇÖm on a hill...
Back