• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

fairing

1. E

2002 R1150RS Fairing Variations

Hello, I recently started riding again, after several years of various sport-tourers, including an '88 RT some years ago. I came across subject bike, 47K mileage, with several upgrades at a great price, and could't resist. Love the bike! When I google the bike images, I see both short fairing...
  2. mototraveler

Misc body parts for vintage bmw

I have had a fairing hanging in my garage for 30+ years. I believe it is a wixom circa 1950s or 60s. I have an upper with windshield and also have the full lower portion for a twin. I don't know where to start to find a market price for this and some other various /2 parts. Does anyone have a...
  3. G

Pichler Fairing Value?

I picked up an '86 R65 this fall with a Pichler fairing on it. It's black with a red and white pin stripe to match the striping on the tank and side covers. I'd give it a "pretty good" score for appearance. There's a few scratches and one small area that's been repaired. I'm debating on...
  4. P

Fairing removal — 2021 S1000XR

Synopsis: 1: How do I remove the tank cover and side cowling fairings on this bike? 2: I need to locate a switched wire to tap into using a PosiTap My brand spankin' new Sargent seat is being FedEx'd today, and I'm excited. It's the heated version, so I'll want to mount the heat controller...
  5. M

Fairing for 1980 R100RT

Looking for information about fairings. The R100RT i have is minus a fairing. I'm wondering if anyone knows a LUFTMEISTER Full Fairing from an earlier R75 (1976) would fit. Granted not the BMW factory fairing but this one I have found is like new condition and priced right
  6. K

73 BMW Factory Fairing

Have a chance to score one. It was on a 73 R60/5. I will put it on a 73 R75/5. Wondering if anybody knows if this is doable with no mods? Or if they were any good?
  7. J

'86 k75T (I think) registered as a 75C?? Deperate for a fairing

I have recently acquired an '86 k75 - the registration pops up as a k75C but from the headlight and crash bar it seems like a k75T. Anyhow - I like the square headlight and fairing on an K75S - Question #1) I met a guy in Chicago with an S fairing. Can I just swap the headlight and bolt the...
  8. tishgold

EZ Mount Light Brackets for 1200RT--usable on a Windjammer?

I just got an Omega 450 w alternator and will be using it to light up (and save) my life (from all the testerone freaks and northern drivers with a host of differing traffic laws and skills, not to mention worn out reflexes) on the Florida roads. Does anyone know if a set of EZ Mount Light...
  9. 7

Pichler fairings

Anybody know if they are still made?...for newer models? Thanks, Ron
  10. M

Can someone ID this fairing off a /7

Can someone identify this fairing off a /7? Thanks
  11. A

Paint Shop Needed

Hi: I'm the proud owner of a new-to-me Black 2002 K12RS. Unfortunately, it tipped over in transit and took some damage. All fixed, except for the scuffing / scratches on the lower left fairing / body work. I'd liek to get that done when the weather turns. Can anyone recommend a good paint...
Back