• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

dual sport

1. J

Dual sport tires for 04 1150R?

I know I will eventually get a GS, but in the meantime, what about dual sport tires? I live on a dirt road and have plenty of good dirt roads in the area. Am I nuts for trying this? Have any of you done something similar? Recommendations for tires? Thanks for your wisdom.
  2. J

Hello from Salisbury NC

:wave Hello from Salisbury, NC I tried this about 2 yrs. ago without any luck. Called phone numbers listed in MOA Anonymous book and got VM. Hoped someone would call back... Anyone around the Salisbury,NC area ride ? Wife and I ride 90% of the time because the logistics are easier...
  3. S

Florida Ride Events - Find events and others

Florida Area Riders, If you want to increase your riding possibilities and meet new riders when your normal riding friends are busy, head on over to http://www.floridaadventurerider.com This is a free site whose sole purpose is for you to meet others to ride with. There are some interesting...
  4. kaldewaay

7Mts Campout, 2015 version Aug 28-30 2015

The Bald Eagle Bastards once again invite you to come out and play with us in the woods. The dates this year are August 28-30 and we will be staying at the Sunsational Campground. http://www.sunsationalfamilycampground.com/ The price this year will be the same as last year. $20 gets you...
  5. B

Looking for riding buddy in August

done Why cannot I remove this post... IT is old, no one is interested in it... Please delete. This entire site is a JOKE
  6. kaldewaay

AMA Sanctioned Adventure Ride 27 Sep 2015 September 27, 2015 Spring Mills , Pennsylva

With two great ADV training centers in Pennsylvania and Maryland, unique training programs, rallies and special events, Xplor is the definition of adventure. They are the #1 Off-road training facility in the country, and the official MSF training center. Xplor Off-road Academy is one of the only...
  7. kaldewaay

AMA Sanctioned Adventure Ride 21 Jun 2015 June 21, 2015 Flintstone , Maryland , Unite

With two great ADV training centers in Pennsylvania and Maryland, unique training programs, rallies and special events, Xplor is the definition of adventure. They are the #1 Off-road training facility in the country, and the official MSF training center. Xplor Off-road Academy is one of the only...
  8. B

Looking for a possible new Dual Sport ADV riding buddy

I would like to meet up with some one retired that likes adventure. Easy to moderate roads and trails for multi day trips, mostly staying at motels but some camping could be possible. Just came back from 4400 miles through Co, Id, Or, Ca, Nv and Ut. maybe 25% dirt & gravel. I live in Fl but...
  9. D

southern half Blue Ridge Parkway lodging recommendations?

Looking for recommendations for places to sleep along the southern half of Blue Ridge Parkway. First night somewhere close to Fancy Gap Virginia (will be starting here after riding over from Indiana).. next night maybe around 1/2 way to Cherokee, NC... last night somewhere around Smokey...
  10. kurtzinpa

Did I do this already?

Forums confuze me... BMW guy from NEPA. Rural dual sport. Heading to Ocala in January. If you are down that wa I'm going to be looking for an offroad partner. Specialties: Eventing (equestrian) and photography. Happy Thanksgiving! Jeff
  11. R

DUAL SPORT Rally - Calling all GS Riders

Fellow Riders - AMA National Series Event - MOOSE RUN - Dual Sport Rally, July 15-17, 2011, Walden Colorado. There is still room for you to sign up! One of the primary sponsors of this rally is Beemers & more Motorcycle Works in Fort Collins, Colorado, and Front Range Riders, Fort Collins...
  12. 1

Tires- Tubeless or not? '91-'95(ish) R100R Rims/Wheels/Tires

Hey gang- I've done a bit of looking around, and I'm curious about something on my '93 R100R in relation to the wheels, specifically. And, before you go on, please understand that the 1993 R100R has an 18" front wheel, and *not* a 19" like earlier years. :stick Basically, I'm looking to...
  13. B

Pictorial of The 30th State

Welcome to Wisconsin Buddy posing at the corner stone of my kin's homestead barn :brow Table of contents :bolt Page: 1Elkhart Lake Kettle Moraine http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=14771 2 Heart of Luxembourg Tour & West Bend...
Back