• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

route planning

1. lkraus

Zumo & BaseCamp - What Goes Wrong and Why

This link should be saved and cherished by everyone who uses Basecamp with a recent Zumo or Navigator: https://issuu.com/jfheath/docs/zumo_590_and_basecamp_2017 "Cherished" might seem little strong, but not to those of us who have had to rely on trial and error to discover how Garmin expected...
  2. mwsmith05

Wanted: all the opinions you have.

About us: We are two 50 something's, late model LT & RT mounted and we're leaving from CT going to San Francisco with our only requirement is a stop in Denver and want to ride a healthy piece of the PCH. When we leave: Sept 20th Length of time allowed : 2 weeks We like the slab, but thought...
  3. A

Help transferring routes to Garmin using Mac

I need help. I am unable to transfer routes and waypoints to my Zumo 220 (It's a Nuvi 550 without Bluetooth apparently) using my new IMac with Mac OS X, version 10.6.7. I had previously been able to transfer routes using my Microsoft based PC with no problem. However, when I went back to the...
  4. samuelh

garmin software compared to google

Please forgive the rant: Why does Garmin's software suck so bad compared to Google Maps? Specifically, I use BaseCamp on the Mac, and I've also tried Road Trip. Google is leagues better in almost every comparison: address finding, panning and zooming... It freezes, it lags, it crashes... I...
  5. greenwald

ZUMO Tech Question?

Considering a ZUMO 550. If I read the literature correctly, when the unit is mounted on the motorcycle, the only way to hear route instructions is via a Bluetooth-comm equipped helmet? Is there no external speaker to hear instructions simply with the naked ear? I know the suction mount for in...
  6. S

cross country trip; NJ to WY

hi all: I am planning a trip from NJ top WY. Once in MO i pland to start retracing the Oregon trail as much as possible off road on a 2005 1200GS. I need advice on route planning on my PC to then dowload my routes and waypoints on a GPS unit (dont have one yet but leaning towards Garmin Zumoo...
  7. beemermyke

Garmin mapping question

Took a trip last month, and I had used Google maps to make a custom route from my parent's home in Virginia to my sister's house in South Carolina. I created a route so I could travel on the Blue Ridge Parkway the majority of the way. After creating this route, I sent it to my Garmin Zumo 550...
Back