• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

brake

1. C

Brake Pad Failure

/Users/christopherweld/Desktop/Brake Pads.jpeg I have an '18 RT with just over 25K miles and got a shrieking sound from my rear brake. While suspecting a rock inspection revealed disintegrating brake pads (see photo). Is this a common experience? Pads were replaced
  2. N

2007 R1200GS front ABS air gap too large

Hi All, I've just joined (still trial) and am hoping to find useful perspectives here. A couple weeks ago I picked up this 2007 R1200GS and noticed the "brake failure" indicator stays lit while riding. Sometimes on startup it's off, but the first time I apply the brakes it illuminates and stays...
  3. S

Recommended brake pad for 2002 R1150R

I'm looking to order rear brake pads for my '02 R1150R. I am looking at the beemerboneyard site and see they offer both organic and semi-sintered. Don't know what I currently have on the bike, but they tend to grab hard at low speeds, which I don't like. Any opinions on which pads are...
  4. G

R65 Brake lever has no pressure, trying to bleed

I've recently acquired my first motorcycle -- a 1982 BMW R65. Today I decided to do some work on the brakes but have run into problems. I rode it twice the day after getting it back from the mechanic for a tune-up since the bike had been sitting for a long time. He assured me the bike was in...
  5. Z

Rear Brake issue on 2004 R1200CLC

Hello everyone. This weekend, while going over my bike, I noticed that the disk on my rear break wobbles ever so slightly. If I flick the disk, it will subtly ring as it hits the calipers. I think that this is a major problem. I would like to get this fixed. The question, is this kind of work...
  6. S

87 K75S Best or easiest way to replace front rotors and pads.

Got my new rotors and pads from ebc yesterday. Read manual, was surprised to see that you shouldn't re-use the self locking nuts to the rotor mounting bolts. Did a long search full of NLA's, superceded bys, etc and found some new ones from a dealer here in the usa.. waiting till they arrive...
  7. T

Value of replacing most of the brake fluid in a 2004 RT?

I like to use the local motorcycle shop for routine service work. They have done a routine motorcycle brake fluid change, which changes out most of the fluid in the front and rear brake lines. I did this before I realized you need to remove the gas tank to access all 3 circuits since it has...
  8. M

replacement front disc for 74 R90/6

I would like to replace the front disk on my 74 R90/6 with a drilled disc. Any thoughts on where to get the best deal on one? Also, any thoughts on making this change? Mark Land of OZ
  9. 175781

Brake Failure Light-2004 R1150RTP

2004 R1150RTP. Thrice in the past two days, during or just following a stop, I had the warning (bulb) triangle and the brake failure lights come on. The triangle would go out almost immediately. The brake failure light would flash for about 5 seconds, then go out. No noticeable difference in...
  10. espressoforyou

1200gs electrical problem, need help

I have a 2005 R1200gs with 40,000 miles on it. About a month ago I noticed the following while riding: Brake Failure light flashing Turn signals not working Emergency Flashers not working Horn not working Trip meter not working Heated grips not working Brake light on tail light not working...
  11. Y

squeal

:wavei posted this almost 2 years ago.the response was tepid.i know,i should have done more about it but hell,the front brake works great and so i ride knowing not to use the rear brake.the bike;1971 R60/5.when i got her she was a solo bike and came with the squeel.i ignored the noise and...
  12. S

2004 r1200cl rear brake rotor

It's time to replace the rear brake floating rotor. Am I stuck with BMW OEM, or is there help out there? Any news on NOT using a floating rotor? Appreciate the feedback.
Back