• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

r100rt

1. B

Searching for Tank bag or leather tank cover

Hey All, I am looking for a leather tank cover or period correct tank bag for my '82 r100rt. I haven't had much luck looking around the internet and eBay. I am hoping someone here has a hot lead or an extra that they'd be willing to part with.
  2. G

1982 R100RT Oil Cooler Delete?

Hello to the community, Relatively new member here. I have embarked down the dark path of rescuing an '82 R100RT. The original body work was in relatively rough shape, so as I rebuild the bike I am going to do so without the OEM fairings. Naturally I am attempting to streamline things as much...
  3. R

1988 R100RT - Bent upper shock mount

Greetings, very new here so please allow some space for my forum/jargon learning curve. Thankful for this community and all that help. Here it goes... After cyber stalking almost every corner of the metric bike internet for about 5 years (move, new city, new job, new kids, etc), the pandemic...
  4. M

Thoughts on lithium eg Shorai battery in a 1998 R110RT ?

Does any one have experience, good or bad, with litium batteries eg a Shoari lithium, in a 1998 vintage R110RT? We live in Texas so summer is 40 C / 100F all summer and the battery location to me doesnt seem likely to get much cool air flow. Plus I see Shoari suggests you use their foam around...
  5. P

Stuck Clutch

Hi all, New here - just bought my first bike, a 1980 R100 RT ! The bike looks and sounds great, but I noticed right away that the bite-point on the clutch was very high, with almost no room left on the handle lever. After my first ride (once the bike was in full operating temp) the clutch...
  6. B

1991 R100RT rear shock

I tried to find this and couldn’t so here goes. My 91 bmw r100rt needs a new rear shock. The one on it has what looks like a air shock ( but isn’t) with a resivior on the right side. As you can tell I’ve no experience with shocks so I need some advice. Could someone explain what this does? I...
  7. M

Fairing for 1980 R100RT

Looking for information about fairings. The R100RT i have is minus a fairing. I'm wondering if anyone knows a LUFTMEISTER Full Fairing from an earlier R75 (1976) would fit. Granted not the BMW factory fairing but this one I have found is like new condition and priced right
  8. H

Hello from Central Illinios

Hello all, Jim Hester is my name. I live 40 miles south of Springfield IL.
  9. L

Safety bars r100 RT /7

Hey everyone, I am currently gearing up for a 2 month tour of the US and am outfitting my 1991 r100RT mono-shock to be a bit more comfy for the journey. It was originally a bermuda blue RT but the previous owner converted it to an S and removed/sold many of the parts including the engine guards...
  10. dovfrankel

Stock '81 R100RT seat not latching properly

I've been having problems with my seat, but haven't been able to find any solutions yet. The closest I came to someone having my problem was this thread, which was with an aftermarket seat: http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?14067-Opening-stuck-seat-on-R100RT I'm the second owner of the...
Back