• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

led

1. N

LED turn signals 2011 R 1200GSA....

I'm looking to buy super bright LED "inserts" to replace the OEM bulbs .... any suggestions?
  2. Zwniana

Vizi-tech plug and play brake lights

Anyone try any plug and play light blinks that work http://www.vizi-tec.com/shop/supabrake/
  3. P

Switchback LED Bulbs

2004 R1150RT with Kisan Signal Minder with clear front turn signal lenses. Has anyone used a switchback LED bulb with a signal minder? I was hoping that using the running light function on the signal minder with a switchback LED bulb would give me what I want - a wide, white running light and...
  4. R

2003 R1150RT lighting upgrade

Over the winter I upgraded the front lighting on my new-to-me 2003 R1150RT. This was prompted by my first (and only) ride home on the bike after dusk, one week after I bought it last November. The headlight was abysmally dim. After doing a little bit of research I discovered it wasn't a problem...
  5. K

Fried headlight wiring/how to get more beam adjustment 2012 RT

Soooooo, after burning out yet another H7 bulb, I realized that I had fried the wiring near the connector. My motorcycle being a 2012, the cheap plastic holders for the light connectors had broken long ago. I never thought twice of it, until yesterday. The connector was discolored, and the...
  6. B

LED Dimming Info Found!

From the Skene website, the description of their dimmer (a PWM unit) has the following info on LED light compatibility. This is the first such site I have seen and the info below is priceless! Lamps that will work with the IQ-275 ought to work with the ezCAN, although there are no guarantees...
  7. B

Putting LED lights in a 95 R100GSPD warning light cluster

I've got my headlight assembly apart to replace the adjusting grommets and decided to convert everything I can over to LED while its apart. Does anyone know if I can replace the warning lights with LED's? I have found a bulb which will work I think on superbrightleds.com. 74-xHP3. I'm thinking I...
  8. M

2015 R1200RT - DIY Small Top Case & Side Case LED Run/Brake/Turn Signal Lights

Hello fellow RT'ers. I don't know about you, but I was not happy with the amount of light on the back of my 15' RT. Don't get me wrong, I do like the LED tailight, but I wanted MORE - a full "triangle" of light which incorporated the top case and side cases! I'm pretty happy with my results -...
  9. M

2015 R1200RT - DIY Aftermarket Aux LED Light Install

I wanted some extra light for my RT, but did not want to pay the ~$800 for the BMW versions. LED lights are becoming commodities, and I found some nice quality ones for ~$35 a piece. Installation involved a little soldering, cable routing, and attachment of some mounting clamps. The lights...
  10. wyman.winn

Sassy has a garage mate...

ok, a little remiss in posting but here goes... My 2013 R1200RT, Sassy, was yearning for a roomie...she wanted a friend with a bit more spunk so i stopped by Long Beach BMW Motorcycles and brought home this... 2015 S1000R.....Duke is his name...! ok, so he is not quite like on the showroom...
  11. RBEmerson

LED panel lights - '03 K1200RS

At least one, and maybe two, lights have gone out on the gauges for my '03 K1200RS. Since I have to pull the tupperware to replace them, I might as well look into LED's for all 16(!) lamps. The part number is 62142306126 - 12V 3W T10 base. The big question is light output. I can find suitable...
  12. IDisposable

Perfect flashlight for the 2011 R1200RT glovebox.

When I picked up my 2011 R1200RT, I noticed that inside the "glove box" cover, there was a spring clip. It looked intended to hold a small flashlight. I checked the BMW accessories, and the parts fiche for all the R-series. No luck. The K1600 has the same clip and that parts fiche showed a...
  13. IDisposable

Perfect flashlight for the 2011 R1200RT glovebox.

When I picked up my 2011 R1200RT, I noticed that inside the "glove box" cover, there was a spring clip. It looked intended to hold a small flashlight. I checked the BMW accessories, and the parts fiche for all the R-series. No luck. The K1600 has the same clip and that parts fiche showed a...
  14. B

Wiring a Knight Riderz to 2007 R1200RT

I installed a Knight Riderz on a 2007 R1200RT and have it wired as follows. I connected a relay in line so the power comes off the aux rear power plug, use the aux ground as well, aux power runs the tail lights, the tail/brake wire triggers the relay to send 12v to the brake side of the Knight...
  15. M

Tail Light Bulbs - part numbers?

Hi folks! I have searched the forum extensively before posting this, but didn't really find what I was looking for. Got an 2004 R1150RT and want to buy some spare light bulbs to keep on hand. The manual is listing the Rear Light and Brake Light in DIN standard (72601) and "Standard...
  16. Stig

R12RT Auxiliary Light Mount?

I would like to add a set of Denali LED driving lights to my RT. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a bolt-on mount like this one, which is for an F800ST. I would like something that mounts underneath the oil cooler using the existing inner fairing bolts. I've also looked at the...
Back