• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

bluetooth

1. P

Bluetooth Issue - Phone not running in helmet

Bluetooth Issue - Phone not ringing in helmet Issue: With everything connected, everything works fairly well with the exception of the phone will not ring in my headset. It rings on the phone itself, but not through Bluetooth. I can make calls and answer calls and talk with calls through the...
  2. Furman

Alpine Audio Unit Repair

Looking for an electronic repair shop that can repair the Bluetooth issue I am having with my Alpine audio unit. The issue I am having is with the Bluetooth connection dropping out. I get audio (radio, navigation and phone) via Bluetooth to my BMW helmet headset. I would get a message on my...
  3. L

Pairing 2015 GTL-E and Schuberth M1

I have a Shuberth C3 with the BMW Communications System that pairs just fine - everything works as expected. For riding in hot weather, I bought a Schuberth M1 open face helmet with the Schuberth by Cardo communication system. The M1 pairs to the bike, but the thumb wheel will not control the...
  4. P

BMW Motorrad Connected App

I have a 2012 K1600 GTL. I downloaded the BMW Motorrad Connected App to my Android phone and then tried to connect to my bike. My phone is connected to my Navigator IV GPS but the App instructions say I should connect to the bluetooth on the bike itself. On the bike I only have options to...
  5. M

Bluetooth Earbuds with Sena

Are there any custom bluetooth earbuds out there that will pair with a Sena? The wired pair I got from Tim McCarty, Marietta GA finally failed and he has passed away so I need to find another source. Now I wonder if there wireless bluetooth earbuds. Speakers in the helmet are no options
  6. M

2018 Grand America-Packtalk Bold

I have 2018 Grand America. I have packtalk linked to my S10+ i have a bluetooth reciever also paired to phone with auxilary out plugged into aux in on bike. I want music to play both from headset and from bike speakers. the problem is that when music plays, the sound out of headset speakers is...
  7. X

beat the dead horse - Blues with Blue tooth

I have read and read on the how to and what works, but more on how it doesn't work. I cant get my Sena10 to reliably connect to the 1600B ? Seems it is always a struggle and I am un pairing and re-pairing the head set. Cant get my GPS to sync in for some crazy reason either ? I can however...
  8. T

Nav VI Software Update enables music from bluetooth phone

There is a new software load available from Garmin for the Nav VI that allows you to use your phone as a music source on BMWs even when they have the BMW audio system. I just tried it out and it works as advertised. You can now control your phone through the Music interface on the Nav VI...
  9. B

Just want music in my helmet

What recommendations do you have for a "simple" Bluetooth helmet device that can be paired with the stereo unit on my 2016 R1200RT? No GPS, no phone calls while riding, no intercom, etc. I'm even surprised that I'm asking, because a stereo on a motorcycle runs afoul of what motorcycling is to...
  10. cberry

2013 RT: Where is BT antenna??

My newly acquired 2013 R1200RT has intermittent bluetooth connectivity, as if it were making and breaking while on a rocking boat. Can someone tell me where the antenna is located and how best to access it?
  11. R

Need help - how to connect my stuff to a new R1200RT

Hey guys, it me again. I posted about getting either a '15 or a '16 RT. I'm comfortable with the decisions of which hardware to purchase with this RT, but I'm holding off until I'm confident about how I'm going to get my gadgets to connect to the new Beemer so I can make full use of the bike. So...
  12. G

Default PIN for iPhone pairing

Hello, I'm trying to play music from my iPhone to my 2015 R1200RT speakers. The bike system recognizes my iPhone--it comes up on the display, but when I try to connect, my iPhone asks for a PIN. I can't find one in the manual. I've tried "0000" and "9999" but to no avail. Does anyone know the...
  13. waxrash

The Sena 20S challenge. Take my money, please.

I would like to issue a challenge to anyone who can make a Sena 20s work as described in the manual, in my environment. I am offering a reward. First my environment: Sena 20s (1.3 Firmware) (I have replaced the unit once already just thinking it must be defective, same result on new unit)...
  14. 61996

Garmin Zumo 660 paired to SENA SMH5 Bluetooth

Anyone have experience with this? Pro or con? Is the volume loud enough to hear wearing earplugs? Any issues with the phone pairing.....hearing and speaking? Does the phone override GPS instructions or the MP3 player? I had problems pairing my 660 to a remote speaker in the past and I want to...
  15. billblecher

2014 K1600GTL, Bluetooth , audion success!

Well I made the switch, gave them back my 2014 R1200RT and took possession of a K1600GTL. I had a 150 mile ride home and I am really digging this ride! I was worried about having to invest a huge chunk of change in BT headset and Helmet combo, when I got home this evening and started playing...
  16. S

Anyone have experience with the Nolan B4 Bluetooth headset? BiLT helmets?

I am looking at either getting the B4 headset or buying a new helmet entirely with built in bluetooth. Reason for buying, friend got his first bike and wants to be able to talk to me while riding. I have a Nolan N-104 helmet already. The B4 intercom costs $300, while a cheap BiLT helmet with...
  17. D

Are you satisfied with music via latest BMW bluetooth helmet system?

I want to determine if this options is generally acceptable on the GTL before I drop the cash. I've read older postings and many are negative pertaining to the music playing quality. I mainly use my ipod on the GTL. Thanks, Dave
  18. 187132

Ordered a Schuberth C3 Pro and BMW Bluetooth communicator

I just ordered the C3 Pro and the newest BMW Bluetooth system for the helmet. Once the BMW system comes in my dealer is going to send it to Schubert to have it installed by them.Neither of us wanted to tear apart a new $750.00 helmet to install the system. I wanted this set up to seamlessly...
  19. bikerpaul

Schuberth C3 Pro is coming - Their newest modular

I watched a YouTube video on Revzilla's channel last night about the new modular Schuberth coming to the states. It's going to be pricey at $769 but it looks like they've made some changes that will allow the helmet to fit me better and it comes with a pinlock visor. I've wanted a Schuberth...
  20. E

2012 GTL - Bike to Bike Comm, Retaining Bluetooth ?

OK, so I'm looking to trade my '06 R1200RT for a 2012 K16GTL. Right now, I have the Baehr Capo, which gives me passable bike-to-bike communications. Used to have GMRS, and the quality of communications was super, but the integration was poor. What solutions have others found for an integrated...
Back