• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

wiring

1. D

Help! R27 Wiring in the Headlight

I am new to the forum. Thanks to all my predecessors for having so much information! This is my first vintage BMW. The wiring was a mess and mostly disconnected. I've installed a new main wiring harness but I'm struggling to identify the correct poles on the wiring terminal located within the...
  2. J

Fried ignition wiring

Anyone had their ignition wiring go up in smoke for no reason? Just got to the last day of a trip up the Oregon Coast. Pulled into the Hotel, room not ready yet so got back on the bike to get some lunch. Turned on the key lights came on, hit the starter, got a bump and all the lights went out...
  3. M

Tupperware Removal for Wire Routing

Is there a clearer and easier to view step-by-step of the removal of Tupperware so I can route wiring for my handlebar mounted camer?
  4. G

wiring diagram help

where can i find a wiring diagram for my 2015 gsa? https://forums.bmwmoa.org/images/smilies/headscratch.gif
  5. G

1984 BMW R100RT Rewiring

I recently rewired this bike as part of a frame-up refresh. I had initially tried to find an OEM wiring harness without much luck, so I decided to use the Motogadget m-Unit. After many years of lurking on YouTube and forums, I decided I'd film the process and try to actually contribute...
  6. D

1976 R90/6 Starter Relay Wiring

I am in the middle of restoring my R90/6 and took LOTS of pictures before teardown. Unfortunately, the only pics I have of the wiring for my starter relay are blurry and un-usable. Now I'm stuck. In the Haynes manual it shows 5 connectors with 9 wires, in the Clymer manual it shows 5 connectors...
  7. JRD

Connection from Corbin Canyon Seat to R1150 Fuse Panel

I need the fused wiring connector from a Corbin Canyon heated seat to the fuse panel of my BMW R1150R. Unbelievably, Corbin does not sell this part separately. Attached is are pics of the connector on the seat which is probably the same for all R1150 series bikes. I'm posting this on the chance...
  8. gregkono

Wiring my Piaa's on the RT

Have a 2009 R1200RT and have mounted new LED Piaa's. Really unsure what line to tap into for a "ignition switch only". A pic and color lead would be very helpful for this electronically challenged rider. Thanks so much in advance. Tried to tap into rear brake light but a buzzing emitted from the...
  9. kurtzinpa

Sertao Owners?

I have a 2012 G650GS Sertao. Would like to share tips and wiring diagrams with others. Should this be a post or a group? Here is link to newly added fuse block and 12V outlet. Seems like there is nospace to install extras...
  10. espressoforyou

Need Help. How do I disable the servos on 05 GS

I am getting ready to take a trip and I need to disable the servos on my 2005 r1200GS. I might have a bad wiring harness but do not have the money to replace it or the time to search for damaged wires before the trip. My servos and ABS do not work most of the time but sometimes when going slow...
  11. espressoforyou

Need help, 05 1200GS with electrical problems

I am still having electrical problems with my 2005 r1200gs. All the electronic controls on the handlebars have stopped working such as the following: Both blinkers controls Trip meter Horn button Heated grips Flashers ABS along with the servos(intermittently) Rear Brake light(tail light...
  12. espressoforyou

2005 1200GS with electrical problem with controls on handle bar

I need help with an electrical problem. All the controls on the handle bar have stopped working. The following controls have stopped working: Blinkers, trip meter control button, horn, heated hand grips, flashers, the ABS warning light is on, and the ABS servos work intermittently. Also...
  13. B

Wiring a Knight Riderz to 2007 R1200RT

I installed a Knight Riderz on a 2007 R1200RT and have it wired as follows. I connected a relay in line so the power comes off the aux rear power plug, use the aux ground as well, aux power runs the tail lights, the tail/brake wire triggers the relay to send 12v to the brake side of the Knight...
Back