• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

stators

1. J

stator to borrow

This past year the stator went bad on my 2015 RT.At the time a new OEM stator was over $1200. Rick's Motorsports Electronics would rewire my stator for under $300. Because my bike had so many miles on it I did not want to spend the big money on the OEM. My dealer wasn't willing to tie up a...
  2. L

2014 R1200RT stator failure by ldg

Stator went out on 2014 R1200RT at 68000 miles. Ride Now BMW in Austin did the work and refused to honor the 35% discount to MOA members. Keep that in mind if you have work done there. New stator was 1388.99 with 11hours of labor at 165.00 per hour.
  3. J

Bad stator help

The stator on my high mileage RT went bad while on the interstate south of O'hare airport in traffic with my wife on the back. We did get to the shoulder safely. This happened the sunday before Memorial day.On Tuesday using MOA roadside assistance I got it owed to my dealer.That took 9 1/2 hours...
  4. chilibowlfan

F800/700/650 Stators

Over on the ADV Riders Forum there's like 54 pages of discussion on F stators over heating and burning up. Is this that bad a problem? From the photos on the thread, it appears the flywheel has been altered to furnish better oil flow & cooling to the stator. Anybody have any idea which models...
  5. fishbmw

Stators

I have been hearing rumbles about the F-series stators going out around 20,000-30,000 miles. I just picked up a 650 this summer and plan on putting a lot of miles on, and don't want to have to worry about this on a trip. Anyone else hearing about this?
Back