• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

cross country

1. M

[USA] SC to SoCal Solo Ride - Feb 2019

Hello everyone, I have had the good fortune of being introduced to someone terrific at MOA and recently became a member. So I decided to start the year with a bang. In a couple of weeks, I'll be taking delivery of a brand new S1000R to ride it from South Carolina to Orange County, CA. It will...
  2. R

New GS Owner, Old BMW(relative) owner

Hello All, Names Ry, hailing from Martha's Vineyard, MA but currently residing in Miami, FL. At 27 I've been riding my '78 r100/7 for over 5 years, I transformed the tank into a cafe and threw an old Heinrich tank on it that I found at a rally. I have loved every second on it but unfortunately...
  3. M

74 r90/6 stuck in Aurora CO

Greetings, first time posting here, my name is Marco and myself and two buddies hit the road 6 days ago on a mission to get to the west coast and back (we are blogging about it on 6onasphalt.com should anyone care to have a look). I'm on a '74 R90 which has, as of today, left me a bit stranded...
  4. deilenberger

St. Louis to LA - in late May - route ideas?

I've got my route pretty much figured out from Morton's Spring Fling to St Louis. Some actual decent interstate (I-64, especially in WV) and then Rt 50 from Lexington to St Louis, but my mind is drawing a blank from there to LA. My riding style is - smaller highways, avoid a lot of truck...
  5. A

A Romanian-American Cross Country Motorcycle Baseball Odyssey on a 1990 K75

How's that for a thread title? On June 17th I'm planning to embark on a 10 week cross country trip in which I'll attempt (and probably fail) to visit every Major League baseball stadium. Ah, the perks of being a teacher. Anyhow, I wanted to share that plan, and am very open to any and all tips...
  6. D

New York to LA

I am planning a trip across country this year between jobs on my F800ST (with factory side cases - and some supplemental soft storage). As of today, I have never ridden more than 6 or so hours in a day, and am aware that I have a lot of planning and preparation in front of me. I plan to take...
  7. mwsmith05

Wanted: all the opinions you have.

About us: We are two 50 something's, late model LT & RT mounted and we're leaving from CT going to San Francisco with our only requirement is a stop in Denver and want to ride a healthy piece of the PCH. When we leave: Sept 20th Length of time allowed : 2 weeks We like the slab, but thought...
  8. S

cross country trip; NJ to WY

hi all: I am planning a trip from NJ top WY. Once in MO i pland to start retracing the Oregon trail as much as possible off road on a 2005 1200GS. I need advice on route planning on my PC to then dowload my routes and waypoints on a GPS unit (dont have one yet but leaning towards Garmin Zumoo...
  9. B

RTW Summer 2011... EPIC

Hello Everyone! I am a recent add-on to the community and am loving it. My goal is this. I will embark on the most epic of epic journeys. I am going to ride a motorcycle around the world, two up, starting the summer of 2011 and ending when I complete my circumnavigation of the planet...
Back