• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

r1200gs

1. MedicMikey

2018 GSA, Good buy?

Hey guys and gals, I already have a 2016 K1600GTL and I love it. But, I am thinking about getting dirty. I am looking at a 2018.5 R1200 GSA, it has all 3 BMW hard aluminum bags, Clearwater lights, digital dash, premium, and Nav VI. The dealer is asking $16,999 out the door. It has 19,600 miles...
  2. W

GS Luggage Options

RE: 2007 R-GS I am planning an extended trip to Alaska for next summer and taking a look at my luggage options. I have the complete set of Vario factory luggage, but I could use more space if I had it. It occurs to me that, since I won't be using the passenger seat, it makes since to remove it...
  3. F

2014 BMW R1200GS - Odometer reads Km/h instead of MPH in Houston

Hello all, Need some pointers on changing the ODOMETER read from km/h to MPH on 2014 BMW R1200GS. Have tried the following with no results: 1. key switch off 2. disconnected negative battery terminal 3. key switch on with mode button pressed 4. connected negative battery terminal 5. mode did...
  4. Back2Maiden

Tank Bag for 16' R1200GS that sits on slope of tank

Hello All, My vertically challenged self is looking for a tank bag that rests more on the slope of the tank. I noticed the older small BMW tank bags seemed to do this or the tanks just didn't have as steep a slope--can't tell. I have about a 5" bag height limit which restricts volume so was...
  5. C

New to the forum, Just bought BMW R1250 GS 2020

Hello All Wonderful People, I just Bought my BMW 1250 GS and traded in my HONDA Africa Twin 2016. I am enjoying the 1250 so far and have all the farkles on it. Looking forward to go on rides with fellow MOA riders. Happy Riding Always! Chetan S Thakur
  6. D

Long time BMW owner, first time member

So I purchased a new R1200GS in November after owning several used BMWs - an 1974 R90/6 then a 2001 R1100RT not to mention my Dad's 1968 Triumph Bonneville. I've always wanted a GS so last year I decided to sell the Triumph to my twin brother and ship it back to PA and also sell the R1100RT. It...
  7. M

Top Box Mount

Does anyone know of a top box mount that moves the top box back an inch or two?
  8. Grover

2005 R1200GS Garmin GPS 2820 Powering on and off - Canbus issue?

Recently I added a Garmin 2820 to the bike using the GARMIN StreetPilot 2820 GPS DATA BMW Amplifier Harness Kit Cable. This attaches just below the handlebars to a white pin connector. The GPS powered up and I was ecstatic. The GPS then powered off after about three minutes, stayed off for a few...
  9. S

2016 R1200GS dies when putting in first gear

Hi Guys and gals I have had this problem before. This morning, I tipped my bike over and was able to right it immediately ( No damage ). I was able to start the bike, but when I put in first gear, the engine cut out immediately and continued to do so several times. My question is why this is...
  10. K

Vario case liners

I am considering getting liners for the vario cases on my 2015 R1200GS. The BMW liners seem like overkill and cost ~$300 for a pair. Does anyone have comments on these? http://www.sierrabmwonline.com/product_info.php/rka-r1200gs-vario-bag-liner-set-tankbagsluggage-systems-4509-p-1240...
  11. redblacks

R1200GS/GSA reliability

Hello all New member considering making the switch to a 2016 R1200GS or GSA. I've read a few things while browsing and was wondering if anyone who owns an earlier WC model has had any problems? If so what type? I want to be well informed come spring before I drop a large wad of cash on any new...
  12. redblacks

New member considering purchase of R1200GS/R1200GSA

Hey folks, new member from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada currently riding Honda ST1300a, seriously considering the switch to an R1200GS or GSA. I ride a lot of back roads and often find myself faced with gravel. The ST is a fantastic bike but not the greatest for gravel roads. I've been interested in...
  13. B

Skid Plate for a 2006 / 2013 R1200GS?

Hi all! I was wondering which skid plate or bashplate you would recommend for a air / oil cooled R1200GS for road and not so intense off-road use? Thank you Bruno
  14. K

Need some boots that add an inch or two to my height

I just upgraded from an F800st to a new 2013 R1200GS. Even with the low suspension and low seat height, my feet still don't touch the ground all the way. I'm not on my tippy toes, I can get both balls of my feet on the ground. But would like a little more foot to touch the ground. Was thinking...
  15. O

Windscreen Options

Hi All...i am looking for windscreen options for my 2005 R1200GS...Right now the scratched up stocker is working fine but I want to replace it soon. Im not opposed to getting a new stock screen, but I'd like to check out all options... has anyone used Ztechnik products? Are there larger screens...
  16. A

HID Conversion for a R1200 GS

Can somebody help me on the pros and cons of doing a HID upgrade to a 2012 R1200GS? Any good kits on the market? Thanks
  17. O

New member from Oklahoma

Hi all...new member here from Oklahoma. Im also new to BMW motorcycles. I bought a 2005 R1200GS a couple of months ago... after much prodding and encouragement from best bud! Thanks Hozer! ....it is quite an upgrade from my KLR. So far so good...Im really loving the GS!!! :drink
  18. M

05 R1200GS - rain caused the dash to temporarily fail

So I was riding back today with some pals from a 4 day trip, and we got caught in some rain. No big deal, we were prepared, and had in fact started the trip in rain. It was a little different this time around, as after about 30 minutes, my dash started freaking out, it would report a various...
  19. M

squealing from front brake at low speeds normal? 2005 R1200GS

The front brake of the R1200GS I have squeals as I slow down, at say, < 15mph. Is that normal? I checked the pads and they look like they have plenty of wear left in them. Thanks!
  20. J

2006 R1200GS Startup Issues

I'm new to the BMW world. Just bought a low milage 2006 R1200GS. The first few weeks everything was perfect. This week I pulled it out of the garage to go for a ride and I had the following problem: Bike is in neutral, turn engine switch on, turn power on, goes through the checks...
Back