• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

crash bars

1. apexal

2011 R1200RT Front and Rear Crash Bars

I bought a mint, low mileage 2011 R1200RT last winter and have been enjoying the bike very much. My biggest issue with the bike is that it's a bit heavy and hard to handle when off the road in places like dirt parking lots, campgrounds, steeply sloped spots or just pulling off the side of the...
  2. Zwniana

2017 Alt Rider crash bars F800GS torque

Alt Rider crash bars for my F800GS. They use the OEM T50 torx motor mount bolt for the install, but I cannot for the life of me find the torque value for the bolts.
  3. C

F850GSA Upper crash bars

Hi guys I'm going to be taking delivery of my new F850GSA this coming week and I think I have all the bits I want for it to do a BDR this fall but I can't find upper crash bars for it anywhere. I had the touratech bars on my 16' 800gsa and they make them for the F850GS but not the adventure...
  4. M

R100R crash bar removal

On an R100R is there any way to remove the factory crash bars and still keep the kickstand?
  5. C

Looking for a front & maybe rear, Crash Guard '97 - r 1100rs-abc , possible ??

I live on a great winding road, 7 miles out, has log trucks, fog, deer, dogs, blind driveways etc. My own driveway is gravel with an uphill sweep, and a water trickle in winter, fun huh?? I haven't seen any serious "jug" protectors for the 1997 older r 1100RS abc out there yet, any ideas...
  6. J

1st Post - 2013 1200RT Crash bars

Newbie here to the forum, so I hope this is the right spot. I'm looking for crash bars for my '13 1200RT. Illumi Works only makes them for the '14's and up. Touratech has them but don't appear too friendly to mount HW pegs, which I want as well. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help!
  7. B

Crash Bars: Alt-Rider or SW-Motec?

I have a 2012 F650 GS. I am a new rider and looking to do combo riding. I took the 3 day combo course at the BMW Performance Center. They had the SW-Motec crash bars on the bike and they said they were very good. They did not interfere with my legs at all. I dropped the bike twice during the...
  8. J

2011 R1200R Classic Crash Bars

I'm looking for suggestions on a good set of crash bars for the 2011 R1200R Classic. Thank you in advance for your help.
  9. A

R1150RTP crash bars on an R1100RT

Will the crash bars from the R1150RTP fit the R1100RT? I took them off my RTP because I don't like how they look but a buddy of mine says if they fit his R1100RT he'll take the thing down dirt trails and all kind of crazy adventures.
Back