• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

f800gs

1. D

Used f800gs or new f750gs

Hi I’m looking at getting a second bike. I have the option of getting a new bmw F750gs or a used f800gs with low miles. Looking for input on which you would recommend. I will be doing a little of off roading nothing to extreme. Thank you!!
  2. V

Country of Origin - - F650/700/800 Twin Engine?

I understand that the F750/850 GS parallel twin engine is sourced from mainland communist China. (As apparently was the 1-cylinder thumper used in the G650 GS.) I am trying to determine the country of origin for the parallel twin engine used in the prior models, the F650/700/800 GS models...
  3. F

New/Old Member

Hello All, I've rejoined MOA after a long hiatus from riding. I previously rode an oilhead R1200GS and loved it. I recently bought a 2017 F800GS, because as a retiree at 67 years old, I wanted a slightly smaller/lighter/less expensive bike. I took the new bike on a 2k+ mile round trip to...
  4. D

2015 F800 GS and Heated Gear

I fully realize there is probably already a thread about this but I seem to be having trouble with the search function. I will gladly take links to other threads. I have a 2015 F800 GS and for the most part I love the bike. I am wondering with the posts about the heated grips on the F800 being...
  5. B

BMW F800 GS Having power problems need help!!

Hey guys, I am new to this forum so i am no sure if i am in the right place or not, if this is the wrong area just let me know and i will move it.... Anyway i brought a second had off of a BWM F800 GS USA for sale site about a year ago and all was going well riding like a dream, smooth around...
  6. E

SOS. Need rear brake pads and fork seals on TAT in oklahoma panhandle

With group riding TAT and blew a fork seal and went through rear brake pads quickly. Trying to order ahead for trinidad colorado but will still have us sitting and waiting until 28th. If anyone has some for sale, would be much appreciated. Brien at 859421385zero. Can limp through with blown...
  7. Omega Man

A little F800GS maintenance-

I had a minute today so I thought I'd install the parts recently in from Touratech. First was rear brakes- very easy. Remembering "sides" are as the driver is seated.. Up on center stand look things over and blow off the dust (carefully) with a regulated blow gun with shop air. Next, from the...
  8. 9

Rear wheel bearing failure

I have a 2008 F800ST that has performed great through its 32000 miles - until now. The rear bearings destroyed themselves and took out the shaft, etc to a tune of $1,800. Has anyone had problems with the rear bearings? Am I the only one? I ride gently and take care of the bike. My previous bike...
  9. Omega Man

Hold-downs where the gas tank usually is-

I'm not a real fan of tank bags but I would like to have a way to fasten a map case to the plastic that covers the battery area (where the gas tank would be-usually) of my F800GS. I was thinking of running a row of three footman loops down each side so I could secure a map-case, Gerbing...
  10. FredRydr

Sidekicker adjustable sidestand

If anyone is interested in participating in a group buy of Sidekicker adjustable sidestands for their F800GS or F650GS twin, please go to the following link for further information. >> Sidekicker Group Buy << The purpose of this effort was to get the inventor/manufacturer to make a version for...
  11. Omega Man

F800gs brake light enhancement-Anyone done it?

I was thinking of some sort of brake light enhancement for better visibility on my 09F800gs. I have been looking around and the usual places haven't seem to have done it for my bike. I would just as soon have a direct replacement for what is there but if the mounting was neat I could go with an...
  12. mika

Bmw f 800 gs named 2009 motorcycle of the year by rider

 25.06.2009  Press Release Woodcliff Lake, NJ  June 25, 2009 Rider Magazine has named BMW Motorrads F 800 GS adventure tourer its 2009 Motorcycle of the Year. The award announcement appears in the July 2009 issue of Rider Magazine, currently on newsstands. We are delighted...
Back