• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

k1200lt

1. E

New member. Hello from Huntsville

Hello, my name is Eric. My wife/riding partner of 30 years is Melanie. I'm originally from Wisconsin, she from Colorado, but we have lived all over the place until finally settling in northern Alabama for the past 11 years. Back in the day (early 90's) I rode a K100LT, then inherited a GL1800...
  2. E

Sidecar on K1200LT

Just ordered a Classic Twin sidecar from Hannigan in Murray KY and will be headed up with the LT for installation and orientation/training in a few weeks. Trailering because it's a 3-4 day process. My wife and I will be staying nearby while we wait. Here's the question- Will someone who has this...
  3. R

2002 K1200LT 32k miles value.

There is one for sale near me. I rode it some time ago, and had no issues. Ran smoothly, started and shifted well, reverse worked. Radio and cruise worked. ABS lights seemed normal. No serious cosmetic problems, perhaps a scratch or two. Don't know the maintainance history, but it...
  4. 14wntr

RANT: Why I am done working on BMW's with CRAFTSMAN TOOLS!!

Tool rant! https://youtu.be/pIVghDO-CzA
  5. B

Can I lower the seat on my '06 K1200LT?

I have seen discussions on lowering the K1200LT seats on the earlier models. Some modify the mounting system and grind down a bit of plastic, while others dig right under the vinyl and reshape their foam. My bike has heated seats, and I'm quite leery of mods that require cutting the vinyl...
  6. cnconnolly

Touring the New England States.

Just finished a great tour of the New England states. Rode 5 day loop from Oakville Ontario, through NY, Vermont, NH, Maine, Mass, NY and home. Check out the video clips using my Contour+ helmet cam. This adds a whole new way to re-live a wonderful ride...
  7. cnconnolly

New England Touring; K1200LT

Check out the video clips from my 5 day tour through the New England states, using Contour+ helmet cam. http://www.youtube.com/user/cnconnolly?feature=guide
Back